LED tail lights and cruise control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When cruise control is activated, if I use my turn signal cruise control shuts off. I read that something with the resistance of the LED lights makes the signal mimic tapping the brakes, which would deactivate the cruise control.

I know if I disconnect the trailer wiring harness, this is not a problem. I don't know why this works. But several times a year I use a trailer to haul camping gear, often driving for hours on the interstate, which would be great to be able to use cruise control without it shutting off every time I switch lanes.

The only "solution" I've found is some guy wiring an extra bulb behind his tail light housing, which seems really janky to me.

I don't mind working with wiring, but I don't know enough about the theory of it all to determine what a good solution would be. I'm guessing I can wire in a simple resister, but I wouldn't know what type or the best way to go about doing it.

I think a resistor may fix your issue. Search for 'led load resisitor'

load%20resistor%20installation.jpg

This one is from Amazon:

Amazon.com: 50W 6Ohm LED Load Resistors for LED Turn Signal Lights or LED License Plate Lights (Fix Hyper Flash, Warning Cancellor): Automotive

Thanks george.arnold, I'm sure I can find one with those specs locally.

DoublePump, I don't know where mine came from, they were on there when I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom