ODD IRON OFF ROAD …. ALL THINGS LED LIGHTING + (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We didn't forget the Tacoma guys. Upgraded dome light and map lights are available. (2014 Tacoma used for the photos)

CURRENT PROJECTS:
In addition to the under-hood lighting system for the Land Cruiser the shop is also working on a kit for the Toyota Tacoma. A rear bed illumination kit is also in the works for the Tacoma.

Last edited:
Before I discovered Odd Iron Off Road, I purchased one of those LED dome lights off eBay for like $20 but didn't realize it shipped from Thailand. After about 6 weeks, it arrived in the mail. The fit wasn't very good and the end result is pictured below.

IMG_8589.JPG

So I decided to do some Mud research, and found that everyone was hyping these kits by Rob. After a little more research, I discovered Rob was associated with Odd Iron Off Road. So I messaged @1978HJ45 and the customer service was above and beyond and the shipping was lightning fast. They even followed up to make sure the package arrived and if I had any questions or problems.

About the Light kit... the quality is amazing. Heavy duty LED's attached and grounded to a silicon board... quality and craftsmanship that is rare these days.

The illumination is incredible. The light floods the entire cabin and is super bright, but not blinding or distracting. Great stuff from this company. I highly recommend their light kits. Please don't even bother with the cheap eBay lights.

Here is the photo of the Odd Iron Off Road light...

IMG_8600.JPG

image.jpg
(LED UPGRADE). Rob isn't completely satisfied with the results and is seeking to improve it however this is prototype #1 for the 40 Series guys.

Last edited:
If anyone has a late 70's / early 80's instrument cluster that has the cover removed, we would greatly appreciate some photos.
Thanks

In response to several p.m.'s, Rob's interior LED kits ARE NOT individual bulbs but are multiple bulb arrays which are mated to custom backing plates designed specifically for your individual series of Cruiser. These kits come with detailed instructions that allows the DIY group to easily install them. All of the issues such as electrical grounding for reliable activation have been addressed in the kits. Interior LED upgrade kits are available for the 40,45,60,62,70 and 80 Series and even the Tacoma on an individual basis.
Thanks

Last edited:
Orders from the 80 Series guys has picked up dramatically over the last month or so. (4 orders just today)
The majority of the orders were processed through the website while a few came via phone calls. If you are one of the guys who has placed a recent order, I would like to hear from you. Please drop me a p.m.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom