Leaking on drivers side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a 2011 FJ. In Feb 2018 had the front windshield replaced. Several months later there was a big puddle of water on the floor on the drivers side. Went back to the installer, they saw where the leak came from, fixed it. Last month there was heavy snow accumulations on the roof, after melting there was another puddle on the floor. Took it back, installer said it wasn’t coming from the windshield. I’ve NEVER had a problem with leaking until the windshield was replaced.
If it’s not the windshield then what is it? HELP????

9AC678DC-676F-41F8-BA3A-D94FA8A4FAA8.jpeg

Ever touch the roof rack for any reason?

Does your truck have an aftermarket sunroof?

most likely it is still the windshield but I have seen leaks coming from the roof rack where it bolts into the roof. easy way to fix the it if its the roof racks is to pull out the bolts and reinstall with some fipg on the threads

most likely it is still the windshield but I have seen leaks coming from the roof rack where it bolts into the roof. easy way to fix the it if its the roof racks is to pull out the bolts and reinstall with some fipg on the threads
I was thinking of taking it through a car wash but a hose spot check will work. I’m thinking it’s still the windshield so this water hose test will tell.
Thanks all for your input.

You’ll find it. Water is a pain because it can travel all around. Just be methodical with the hose and be patient. My guess is still windshield but search around. Check other places as well for moisture.

It appears to have been the windshield. As I’ve not had any leakage in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom