LCD is black after changing the battery - help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,
I have a friend having a 2016 LX. Recently he changed the battery and the LCD never comes back-up (black screen). The reversed camera is still working.
I am posting this question for him and see if any of you has similar issues, and how to fix it.

Lexus dealer charged $900 for diagnostics and could not find the issue, and asks for a lot of $ to replace it.
thanks in advance.

Did he reverse the polarity when he changed the battery? That happens so mịch and the car go haywire

Hi there,
I have a friend having a 2016 LX. Recently he changed the battery and the LCD never comes back-up (black screen). The reversed camera is still working.
I am posting this question for him and see if any of you has similar issues, and how to fix it.

Lexus dealer charged $900 for diagnostics and could not find the issue, and asks for a lot of $ to replace it.
thanks in advance.
Some additional info might help. Why was the battery changed? Are there other electrical problems? By LCD, do you mean the main display in the center dash? Did he try disconnecting the new battery, waiting a bit, and then reconnecting it? $900 for diagnostics without a diagnosis is crazy! There is no reason for the MFD to flame out if the battery was replaced correctly and there are no other electrical issues.

Some additional info might help. Why was the battery changed? Are there other electrical problems? By LCD, do you mean the main display in the center dash? Did he try disconnecting the new battery, waiting a bit, and then reconnecting it? $900 for diagnostics without a diagnosis is crazy! There is no reason for the MFD to flame out if the battery was replaced correctly and there are no other electrical issues.
Yes I think he did try to reconnect and the issue persists. The old battery is weak, that’s why he changed it

Yes I think he did try to reconnect and the issue persists. The old battery is weak, that’s why he changed it
I had the same thing happen a couple years back.
Ended up with a short in the head unit itself (controls the screen).

For the LC, the dealer was able to work with Pioneer to get a refurb.
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom