LC style Winch + LX570 = hotness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
26082008288.jpg

Was that photo taken in the USA?

What I like - integrated winch without custom bumper.
What I don't - winch cover looks like obscene pair of lips.

I suppose one would become acustomed to the look.

What I like - integrated winch without custom bumper.
What I don't - winch cover looks like obscene pair of lips.

I suppose one would become acustomed to the look.

Thats funny.

Seems useless to me to have a winch without a bumper to protect the vehicle from the elements that will be around when needing the winch.....if that makes sense.... :rolleyes:

dtt: a steel bumper isn't a necessity in the desert, or even in mud. The stock setup in the pic above is good for people who live in places where a dirt roads can turn into a muddy pit, or have to winch occasionally but don't want the extra weight or looks of a steel bumper.

However, it looks difficult to access for cleaning or maintenance and might overheat faster than an exposed winch.

What happens when you are in mud? You sink!

Ways to prevent sink-age: bigger, fatter tires that are lifted higher in the air.

When you drive in mud, you slide on your undercarriage as low as the LC is stock. This is how I blew my steering pump...

What do you do when you sink and can't even reach your winch because it's in the mud?

Also, where's the rope and hook? What happens when the rope has to rub across the painted surface?

That thing looks ugly as hell and completely pointless, but it's probably just a fugly show truck any how.

It's under there...

Also, where's the rope and hook? What happens when the rope has to rub across the painted surface?

The rope and hook are tucked under the cover nicely, which is actually just covering the fairlead. If the angles at which you are pulling are not that extreme, then there is no real danger of paint damage.

What I want to know is if that is airbag compatible. LCs have a winch option in the MidEast Gulf Region, so they must be airbag compatible, but as for the LX...?

The rope and hook are tucked under the cover nicely, which is actually just covering the fairlead. If the angles at which you are pulling are not that extreme, then there is no real danger of paint damage.

What I want to know is if that is airbag compatible. LCs have a winch option in the MidEast Gulf Region, so they must be airbag compatible, but as for the LX...?

Winch or no winch I don't think it matters. The airbags are controlled by several vehicle indicators including yaw, pitch, and roll gyros; VSS and bearing signals; ABS, TRC, VSC systems; TPS, BPS sensors; and seat position/weight sensors. It's a very complex equation which determines which airbags to fire and how hard to fire them (these are tethered airbags too, so that's another variable to map).

The issue with adding a bumper (not just a winch) is the crushing ability of the front end, which absorbs some of the initial impact and provides some damping of the shock. If you install the ARB bumper you will notice that on the mounts they have perforated the steel so that upon impact they would crunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom