LC 200 tire size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I didn't find the presentation and I'm doing it here.
I write from Italy and here there are very few of 200, they are nowhere to be found.
I got one for two months and it's a 2009 and I wanted to fit the larger 17 "rim tires.
I ask you who are experts, having the vehicle all original even with KDSS what is the maximum size that I can mount? The rims are from ET40.
I was thinking of mounting 285/70/17 but if there is something bigger without modifying it is fine.

Thank you all

I write from Italy and here there are very few of 200, they are nowhere to be found.
I got one for two months and it's a 2009 and I wanted to fit the larger 17 "rim tires.
I ask you who are experts, having the vehicle all original even with KDSS what is the maximum size that I can mount? The rims are from ET40.
I was thinking of mounting 285/70/17 but if there is something bigger without modifying it is fine.

Thank you all
You will very likely rub the front mud flaps with that size tire/rim. I had rubbing with and ET35 and 285/70-17. Easy fix but will require some work. If you want to do not work other then install and go probably should go to a 285/65-17 or possibly a 275/70-17.

69E3351C-A4C0-48E9-88B8-7BF24D3462CD.jpeg

4D349B9C-2893-42E1-A240-04B5F6E6E231.jpeg

E1ED8ED4-05B7-470E-9F71-72F65B715217.jpeg

Hi, I have 285/70/17 with ET30 It is small rubbing on plastic liner but you can fix it with heat gun. You can DIY. It is very easy

Thanks for the answers, I don't want to put on smaller tires, but I bought the rims for nothing ...
I thought I could fit something even bigger but I'll just make those small changes.
Thanks again everyone

Thanks for the answers, I don't want to put on smaller tires, but I bought the rims for nothing ...
I thought I could fit something even bigger but I'll just make those small changes.
Thanks again everyone
You can put larger but have to do more work to fit it

Thank you all
I think the issue you run into here is 'stock' fitment vs 'custom' fitment. You have a good size, reasonable offset rim (17", 40ET). I have run on a similar offset rim ET35 with 35x10.5R17 and 275/80r18 (35.3x11r18). Neither took too much to fit (less than 2 hours for the 35x11, and nothing for the later 35x10.5).

HOWEVER
I have an LX570, which doesn't have KDSS, and does have some user adjustable permanent lift (25mm). Further, I was fine with cutting/moving/removing plastic things like mud flaps and wheel liners. Since the LX570 suspension gives me 75mm+ of on demand lift, I can run very little lift for day to day driving and still have access to the lift when needed off-road.
Further I have equipped the front and rear differentials with 4.88 gear ratio instead of the standard 3.90 gear ratio. This I'd recommend for any tire size more than 34", but plenty are running 34" plus sized without a ratio change.

If you can give us some idea of how much 'custom' work you are up for, then you'll get more responses on sizing and limitations, particularly if you have a TLC or KDSS equipped 200.

Thank you all

Based on your parts and wheel specs which are pretty spot on, a 285/70R17 should drop in relatively easily. Perhaps at most some minor plastic rubbing that's easily fixed.

If you were interested in a larger tire, there's a possibility you can fit a 285/75/17 (33.86"x11.26"). Others have done this with great success and minimal plastic work. A matching spare will even fit in the boot. The thing to watch for is KDSS bar clearance. It may just rub with your +40 wheel offsets. Though even that has solutions with a KDSS relocation bracket, combined with a sway bar link mounted to the outside of the lower control arm mounting bucket.

A notable rig on this forum that has a great write-up can be found here. Great discussion and feedback that should help you make your decision:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom