Large Family Tent Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a massive upgrade to the REI tent I just returned. Very happy with the Kodiak Canvas so far and worth the price of admission. Off to the Sierras next week!

Excellent! I had a hard choise between the Kodiak and White Duck - I purchased the White Duck Outdoors 10X14 canvas tent.

Will post pics and info when I get it up.

Thanks to all for you information!

Excellent! I had a hard choise between the Kodiak and White Duck - I purchased the White Duck Outdoors 10X14 canvas tent.

Will post pics and info when I get it up.

Thanks to all for you information!
Cool...looks like a good deal. Both are Springbar knock offs. What sold me on the Kodiak vs the Springbar was the two large V shaped windows on the side of the Kodiak. Should provide for greater ventilation in the arid desert where I'm near.

Cool...looks like a good deal. Both are Springbar knock offs. What sold me on the Kodiak vs the Springbar was the two large V shaped windows on the side of the Kodiak. Should provide for greater ventilation in the arid desert where I'm near.
I have noticed the Kodiak tents seem to have more windows and interior storage/ pockets than the springbar tents. If I get another canvas tent it will be a tough call between a Kodiak or another springbar. Living in Utah where springbars are made and sold used is a plus for me because I can take them my tents to repair and service. Also springbar double sews the bottom seam with an integral rope that goes all the way around the tent and attaches the metal stake rings so they cannot rip or get destroyed. I don't like the fabric stake rings on the kodiak, I imagine after driving stakes through the cloth loops repeated times they would wear out.
They are both great tents..... Just a little tip, if you are camping in rocky areas bring an electric drill with hammer mode and some longer lag bolts and you can stake your tent down that way.

As promised. Finially got the White Duck 10x14 tent up. Trying it out tonight for the first time. The kids have been playing in it all day.

Check out he sweet tool kit and hammer!
20190510_180226.jpg

20190526_125823.jpg

20190526_125754.jpg

20190526_125730.jpg

20190526_125716.jpg

Last edited:
My family has been camping out of spring bar tents for a long time. Mine could fit six people easy. Kodiak tents are a Chinese knock off of a spring bar. but I have read great things about them and I think they are comparable and I bet you would be more than happy with one. Canvas rocks, we have a stove hole in one of our spring bars and can heat it with an old army wood burning stove. Our other one we heat with a Mr buddy heater. Here is a pic of all 3 set up last December on a bison hunting trip.
View attachment 1975158
It was below 0f in the mornings and the first thing we would do was fire up the wood burning stove and get breakfast cooked. Than everybody would pile in the 70f tent and get warmed up while eating breakfast before heading out for the day.
A classic Springbar photo. You should post that on their website.

hey are those tents came with the survival gear or are they just selling tents ?

The white duck tent is the tent, poles, stakes, hammer, and carry bags. No other gear included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom