Wanted Land Cruiser 80,100,200 series Chicago area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I live in the chicago/naperville area. Just got into the toyota and LC following after selling my Nissan Titan. Recently looked at two 80 series LC. Very interesting and hooked! send pics to ajsbeta@hotmail.com thanks...

You are talking a price range of $3K for a 1993 80 to $70K for a 2011 200.

What are you looking to spend?

I just drove two 80 series in variable conditions. I haven't driven the 100 or 200. Price just depends...if I really like it, then I will spring for it. I just want reliablity and the option of 4wheeling!

Ok...tired of people selling their 80 series and not doing proper maintanence and misrepresenting their LC. Got fed up so I am moving on. I am now interested in the 100 series. I live in the chicago area suburbs of Naperville. ajsbeta@hotmail.com. Thanks..

dude its chicago, if your thinking people in this area are going to spend $1500 to rebuild the front axle on a truck that sells for maybe $4000 in this area your expecting too much. People just arent into these vehicles here at all. They are soccer mom trucks here, plan accordingly.

Ok...tired of people selling their 80 series and not doing proper maintanence and misrepresenting their LC. Got fed up so I am moving on. I am now interested in the 100 series. I live in the chicago area suburbs of Naperville. ajsbeta@hotmail.com. Thanks..

Good luck...you just need to ask the right questions IMO and for pictures too, that should minimize time wasted. I buy and sell a lot of cars (in Chicago and wrench at my mom's in Glen Ellyn) and feel your pain. Don't go and look at stuff that might be questionable until you get all your questions answered. I make a list of questions, a long one to avoid in-person surprises.

dude its chicago, if your thinking people in this area are going to spend $1500 to rebuild the front axle on a truck that sells for maybe $4000 in this area your expecting too much. People just arent into these vehicles here at all. They are soccer mom trucks here, plan accordingly.

I agree...you'd be hard pressed to find a well maintained truck for not too much money. A front axle birf job is a lot of money, why would anyone pay for that to be done if there were just selling it soon?

I come from the Honda world, just starting to dabble in the Toyota world. I think the 100 series would be better suited to my wife and I. Although if a nice maintained 80 series presented itself, then I would consider it. But I think the factory lockers would be the way to go.

I come from the Honda world, just starting to dabble in the Toyota world. I think the 100 series would be better suited to my wife and I. Although if a nice maintained 80 series presented itself, then I would consider it. But I think the factory lockers would be the way to go.

I´ll bet money you´ll pay significantly extra for the lockers, and in the midwest, you either wont use them, or they will be seized from lack of use.

I have settled on '03-'07 LC...no more looking at 80 series. Found a 2003 LC for $21K with over 100K miles on it. Stealer wants $21K. Any thoughts? Probably need to do a Timing Belt on it.

gas prices are up and I dont care...still lookin...80 or 100...just want good maintenance and a nice down to earth owner...maybe I ask too much...

I've been considering selling my beautiful pearl red 1997 Collector's Edition. I haven't listed it on Craigs list or this site yet. Excellent condition. PM me. I'm a skip and a hop from Chicago ~ NW Indiana. Completely baseline'd and maintained.

New shocks
New struts
Regular fluid drains

171k miles

Considering selling 1997 Collector's Edition

This could be the most pain staking decision. I just posted on Craig's list. I will post on this site in the next day or so in the general listings. You won't be dissatisfied. The X's in the pictures are screen shots from my image editor so I could remove addresses and other personal information that was captured in the shots. I did it real quick.
DSC03088.jpg
DSC03079_rev1.jpg
DSC03082_rev1.jpg

Thanks for all the info from those who involved...I am still looking. Taking my time and lurking. Found some more LCs...80 and 100...couple of them I liked, but they were at stealers. I dont think I will be buying from a dealer...bunch of scum bags.

bought a 1995 LC locked...thanks...working on maintanenece. Any suggestions? Cap, rotor, plugs, wires, filters, fluids...anything else. Heater does n't work well either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom