L.A. to Portland and back - what not to miss? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks LT, did I mention that my 80 is stock and intends to remain that way? ;)

So I want to head to Portland from LA next May with my family aboard my 80. The plan is to speed up to SF and then head north through the 5, visiting Lassen, Shasta, Crater Lake and the Columbia river, then go west and return south on the 101. I'd love to visit Mt St Helens but I might run out of time. Trip should last three to four weeks. So is there something that I shouldn't miss, some hidden gems? No real wheeling anticipated.
Thanks for your ideas.

(EDIT: revamped the trip to include WA, see below)
Light a doober in Arcata....you will fit in fine.

:p
You don't have to light one up to fit in. A few of us run stock consciousness (as opposed to modified:D).

Get some beer at the Lost Coast Brewery or stop in Fortuna to see a historic Victorian town.

Sushi--go to Kyoto in Downtown Eureka....some of the best sushi in North America.

-o-
The Victorian Village is Ferndale near Fortuna. Tomo's in Arcata is another excellent spot for sushi.

If your return date is in June, catching a baseball game in Arcata can be a hoot.
2009 Schedule | Humboldt Crabs
These are well-attended games with lots of crowd participation and good baseball.

You should squeeze in a visit to to Gold Bluffs Beach. Nearby Fern Canyon is a popular hike with locals. And seeing big Roosevelt elk on the beach is cool too.

If you're in the area Memorial Day weekend, you gotta catch the Kinetic Sculpture Race

Butt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom