KOWBOY - about your Power steering pump... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sir, as promised, I spoke to my BIL that is into the off road racing stuff about your PS issues. He said we were on the right track with increasing the pully diameter to underdrive your pump. The folks he fools with have mobil machine shops and make whatever they need but siggested something like
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/product.php?productid=2112&cat=593&page=1
Also, he suggested keeping the return line as short as possible and increasing the hose diameter if you can to add a little surge capacity close to the pump to help fight cavitation at high rpm.

Sorry, no magic bullet here...

Daryl
Did the have a recommendation for a higher performance/higher volume pump?

Thanks for the effort Daryl. :cool:

That par-tic-u-lar pulley won't work though 'cause I need a double pulley to run a belt up to my York also. :frown:

Don't quite understand how I can increase the diameter of my return line neither since the hose goes to a hard-piped inlet on the pump ... the hose has got to be that size to fit it. :confused:

Reckon a rev-limiter set 'round 6k is prob'ly the answer. :rolleyes:

:flamingo:

Rev-limitin' ain't never the answer, sir. It just ain't good for the soul.

What exactly kinda problems you got goin' on?

I agree with Daryl on the concept of the improvement but the FIRST thing you gotta do is to get the pump mounted correctly in line with the other pullies. A side or angled pull on the pulley gets worse the higher you rev the motor. I would get that crap mounted correctly then decide if you still have a problem.

Highly technical Boy ...

:flamingo:

You sayin' I can't understand it...or you sayin' it ain't fit for postin' here, bein' highly technical and all?

If it's the latter, I heartily agree.:beer: :beer:

If it's the former... guess we'll never know! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom