KO2 vs. KM2 tires..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My only complaint with my 315-75-16 KO2's in noise...they are SO quiet I now hear new noises in my 80-series....lol

It's funny you say that because now that I have KO2s in a 37, I cannot believe how quiet they are! I think they are quieter than the Pirellis on my wife's Honda, and they are the quietest tire I've ever run on a 4x4. Very impressed with them!

I was surprised too about how quiet they are. Now when I drive my wife's JK with duratracs it sounds like they are howling.

I have/had KM2's on both of my toyota (2010 Tacoma and a FJ55). KM2s were awesome in anything except packed snow/ice. Once you hit packed/snow ice, you might as well have marbles under your tires. I had one set of the KM2's siped and that helped a ton, however its going to reduce the mileage you get out of the tire. The other set of KM2's i had on my FJ55 just got swapped out for some K02's. I have yet to have a personal opinion on them as they've been mounted and the cruiser is currently partly tore apart. It probably wont see any kind of snow duty until at least next year.

Judging from what i've read and talked to people with personal experience. I would say KM2 if your going to be in a warm climate and wheel your LC hard. I would say K02 or Duratrac if it sees all the seasons.

I can only tell you of experience with KM2s. I agree with above statements about snow and ice, great everywhere else. They get LOUDER with wear!

I believe I am sold on KO2 for the next set on Heather's truck.

ive had both km2 and ko2. Both in 33" sizes. Km2 was better off road aired down on rocks and so cal trails. Maybe it was because they were load range C. The ko2s I have now are E rated, and I feel they are not quite as capable as the km2 for the same trails. They are however extremely quiet onroad, which is where I spend most of my time. The km2 really hummed/howled.

The ko2s are nice but the problem i noticed with them is when u have ur tires rotated u need to have them balanced everytime and they are heavy but for snow and ice i would say they are good me personally i run a set of toyo at2s on my daily i put them on havent had to rebalance them since and they are cheaper than bfgs'

Havent had experience with the KM2 but I think it would come down to what you are doing with your rig. I've had 2 sets of K02 on my 80 series and have had no issues.

I mainly use my rig as a daily driver in eastern canada and have take West to east coast trips, weekend wheeling. KO2 did it all with no issues, plus if you needed to get another tire for some reason while on the road they are fairly easy to come by vs the KO2. Atleast here in canada.

Good tread wear, good road manners, ability to air down fairly low when you need it to, tough as nails and I find them relatively good in the snow for not being a true snow tire.
Hooks up well in light and packed snow, have to take the corners a little easy, just make sure you give it a little gas off idle if you are running a full time AWD in corners. Very manageable when you figure out the tire.

I vote KO2, practical, works and totally confident tire

Ammm k... Should I delete my post

Nah, it’s all good. I ended up buying the K02s and they ended up being really decent in the snow.... then I got a relocation offer from work and ended up in Texas.

Tires are wearing like iron by the way. Pleased with my choice.

-G

Ah good so there was an update earlier this year. Tbh I myself was down to these two tires and the KO2 definitely sounds like the overall better choice. Thank you very much for updating after so long. It really makes using the search function on these sites worth while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom