Knowledgeable FJ40 Mechanics in Charlotte area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fellas,
I'm the proud new owner of a 78 FJ40. Overall the truck is in solid condition as I drove it over 700 miles to get it home to Charlotte. I will be needing to do some work on it- some cosmetic and some mechanical etc and was hoping to get names and locations of good, honest, knowledgeable FJ mechanics in the Charlotte area and or even across the state line into SC. Thanks for any advice and connections!
Matt
Charlotte, NC

Matt welcome to the board and congratulations on your new purchase. I would contact Al (lt1fire) or Andy (cruiser4life) here on the board, I know he has a few contacts I believe. When you do come across one let me know so we can add it to our local shops thread...Also we need PICS!

Thats a good looking 40, you will enjoy that and appears you have little work left to make it a very reliable truck. Hope to see it out on the trails soon. Let us know if there is anything we can help with. Also Al (lt1fire) puts together the club meetings in your area, if you want touch base with him and see when the next meeting is in your area, there is usually one every month.

Best cruiser mechanics in Charlotte are Johnny and Mark at Toyota Techs in Fort Mill. They are well priced and know Cruisers well. They own a couple and go to GSMTR every year. They always have cruisers up at their shop. Its a small little shop on the side of Business 21 next to Regent Park. I dont have the number on me but I will find it this morning. They have done work on both my trucks.

Toyota Techs on Business 21 is 8035482688

might just want to stop by and chat with them. THey are more personable in person than on the phone but they do a great job

From everything that I hear yotatechs do great jobs in fort mill.
Carolina truggies are also supposed to do a good job but depending on what you want done you might just want to host a few of us at your place next month.
I try to get a meeting going once a month at different places... not sure when the next one will be.... i'm thinking maybe the weekend after next but i'll let you know.
Nice looking rig.

Thanks for all the info fellas! I certainly appreciate the contacts and look forward to meeting ya'll in the future.
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom