KDJ95 Steering issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there!

I’m having a difficult time with the steering on my KDJ95. The thing is, whenever I accelerate the car starts turning to the right. This behavior is proportional to the acceleration, the more I accelerate the more the car turns. To compensate for this I obviously turn the steering wheel to the left, but it’s almost impossible to keep the car straight, because naturally I cannot drive at a constant speed and I have to stop compensating whenever I need to reduce speed, to brake or to shift gears. Basically I’m zigzagging all the way to wherever I’m going, which is dangerous and takes away all the fun of driving my LC.

I have no idea what might be causing this neither does my otherwise competent mechanic. Any suggestions? What should I look at? Thank you very much!

Rear wheel steering , look at the back axle turrets which corrode and snap , panhard and control arm bushes might need replacing but then so might the front control arm and rack bushes . I have 2 swb 90 series and i have replaced every bush and ball joint on both in appreciation that these trucks are approaching 20 years old . Both drive like new .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom