Kaon Roof Shelf... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I've started hacking up my HE arm rest to secure a mount. Like Greynolds I prepurchased standard arm rest/cup holders and an extra set of HE pieces. While I've had one quarter panel out for some other work, I finally decided to tackle. If ionly had a laser scanner to develop a mock up, but alas just me, a template gauge and Dremel cutting wheel. I having done one side, the side that just would have caused me problems going to the standard piece and I have an ARB fridge plug and a relay positioned in the gap where the forward cup holder is supposed to live. On the passenger side i will probably just switch to the double cup -arm rest and may after final fit-up take final measurements on the drivers side and cut up a second HE arm rest. I have considered having some new Kaon type side braces made that have a bit more forward angle so as to permit retaining enough of the HE structure that it still covers the back side of the hole and permits use of the cargo cover. Not that I even remember where I stored mine. FYI, a few years back I actually had the Kaon shelf duplicated in aluminum, saving about 8-1/2 lbs which goes right back into payload capacity. No I don't feel that I stole IP as i purchased and have retained my original Kaon shelf and have not profited one penny from the bootleg version.

View attachment 3240204

View attachment 3240207
If you're counting 8# as extra payload capacity - you're doing it wrong.

Half joking on the word payload. But it is close to a 50% increase in the "payload" of the shelf.

Last edited:
Bummer - just tried to order this roof shelf and it seems they don't ship to Oregon. Are there any US distributors that you guys are aware of?

Bummer - just tried to order this roof shelf and it seems they don't ship to Oregon. Are there any US distributors that you guys are aware of?

The fellas over at Long Range America are selling Kaon stuff these days.

Long Range America, I think, was the only US vendor I’ve seen. I really want the cargo/pet divider but it’s out of stock. I probably should give them a ring to see if they can get one in their next container shipment, along with a fridge/center divider, as my dog has taken to jumping up front during road trips now

Long Range America, I think, was the only US vendor I’ve seen. I really want the cargo/pet divider but it’s out of stock. I probably should give them a ring to see if they can get one in their next container shipment, along with a fridge/center divider, as my dog has taken to jumping up front during road trips now
They should be back in stock soon, I just installed this last month. I emailed Kaon and had it within approx 10-12 days. The AUS to US currency rate wasn't as bad as I expected and they worked with me on the shipping cost. Ask for Linda - she's the main contact I dealt with.
Customer Service was A++

My Pyrenees/Newfoundland was doing the same thing - needed to corral that beast

20230121_092223_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.

This last photo of the more simple support has me thinking I might prefer that over my full molle version.

Maybe someone who wishes they had the molle would like to trade…
@Markuson , Yes I am going to order a shelf from LRA in the near future so would be a good time if you want to do this. I'. thinking the larger panels would fit my needs, with the Goosegear system I have.

Is Long Range America still selling Kaon shelves? I bought mine from them but now don't see Kaon listed on their website. I need the shelf support template so I can drill the required holes in the plastic and move my shelf and the molle supports to my new rig.

Edit: called them and no, they no longer offer kaon products. I will contact kaon directly to see if I can get a template. Note to self. Save things like that.

Last edited:
Is Long Range America still selling Kaon shelves? I bought mine from them but now don't see Kaon listed on their website. I need the shelf support template so I can drill the required holes in the plastic and move my shelf and the molle supports to my new rig.

They didn't have any in stock when I ordered mine. Ordered direct from KAON and shipping to me in the US was (surprisingly) cheaper anyway

If anyone in the general vicinity of Boston is interested, I have one of these listed in the classified section. Excellent condition. Includes the small side Molle panels and all original hardware / instructions.

Edit: called them and no, they no longer offer kaon products. I will contact kaon directly to see if I can get a template. Note to self. Save things like that.
Here you go....

Attachments

• KS0457_Large Side Molle Panel_LC200_Drilling Template_PRINT (1).pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 29
Yeah I ordered just a template from them and it was super fast from Aussie.

Here you go....
Thanks! question though: it says "large side molle panels". I have the small molle panels but it looks like the template for the lower support mount is the same. Do you have the large or small molle panels?

Edit: Kaon emailed me back this afternoon and sent me the "small panel" template. looks the same but will print to confirm. Something may be different as they seem to have two templates.

Edit again: printed both. appear to be the same. Odd as they say large/small and have different SKU numbers.

Attachments

• KS0456_Small Side Molle Panel_LC200_Drilling Template_PRINT (1).pdf
    25.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Thanks! question though: it says "large side molle panels". I have the small molle panels but it looks like the template for the lower support mount is the same. Do you have the large or small molle panels?

Edit: Kaon emailed me back this afternoon and sent me the "small panel" template. looks the same but will print to confirm. Something may be different as they seem to have two templates.

Edit again: printed both. appear to be the same. Odd as they say large/small and have different SKU numbers.
I have the Large, but it's the same hole.

Prospeed has one and goes on sale for $217 shipped. Not sure of the difference between the Kaon and Prospeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom