Kamp-Rite Cot Tents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here have one? I checked em out online, and they look pretty good. However I went to Bass Pro and they have them way over priced. Bass Pro had em at $270 with no rain fly for the double.

Before I order one online, or think about it, I'd like to get some real feedback. Are they any good? Do they hold up? Can you give your woman a good time in one without it breakin..... All valid questions!

Anyone here have one? I checked em out online, and they look pretty good. However I went to Bass Pro and they have them way over priced. Bass Pro had em at $270 with no rain fly for the double.

Before I order one online, or think about it, I'd like to get some real feedback. Are they any good? Do they hold up? Can you give your woman a good time in one without it breakin..... All valid questions!

I have an oversized model. I have been very happy with it.

We sell these and just got an order in, I have 2 doubles with the fly in the warehouse. You coming up to DFW anytime soon?

Shipping for the double is high...

Jacque

I really like the Tent-cot. It is super comfortable and sets up in seconds. The downside is weight and bulk. Still, a good deal for the $$.

I have an Elk hunter friend who swears by his. We give him a lot of crap on the trail about it, it's friggin huge and heavy. A major problem for guys in FJ40's.

I do notice we usually have to wake him up in the morning. He sleeps that comfortably. It also sets up and breaks down fast.

I have the deluxe single and it's awesome. I bought it primarily for the beach but have used it a few other places. It's very easy to pack, setup and take-down. There's no room in the single for anything except sleeping comfortably.

I purchased my from the Cabela's Store in Austin for $125 and that included the rainfly.

The thing a tent cot is NOT good for is camping in the mountains in 17 degree weather with 25 mph winds. Ask me how I know.

The thing a tent cot is NOT good for is camping in the mountains in 17 degree weather with 25 mph winds. Ask me how I know.

You must put a pad on the "cot" or it will be cold. I use a Ridgrest at a bottom layer and a Thermarest on top of that. I've slept in mine in very cold weather and it was toasty and warm.

Last edited:
I had an insulated pad in my Big Agnes sleeping bag and a wool blanket on the bottom. I guess all that wind nullified the insulation. Actually thinking about it, it was 14 degrees because I thought it ironic that the universe kicked me in the teeth by dropping the temperature one degree below my bag rating. I was the kind of cold where you decide you are going to die but are to cold to really care or do anything about it. I was actually surprised when I was alive in the morning.

I had an insulated pad in my Big Agnes sleeping bag and a wool blanket on the bottom. I guess all that wind nullified the insulation. Actually thinking about it, it was 14 degrees because I thought it ironic that the universe kicked me in the teeth by dropping the temperature one degree below my bag rating. I was the kind of cold where you decide you are going to die but are to cold to really care or do anything about it. I was actually surprised when I was alive in the morning.

Well that sucks!

I bought an oversize tent-cot from trdparts4u before CM08. I used it as both a cot within a tent and as its intended use as a tent-cot during the past week or so while we were out west. I have to say that it is a very comfortable and sturdy cot and it does keep you quite warm, especially with the rain fly installed. I paid $169 shipped for the oversize model, and I am very happy with it. The only downsize is that it does take up some space even when folded.

You guys still haven't commented whether it's strong enough for the horizontal boogie...... :grinpimp:

Space blankets are your friend. Always carry one. in a pinch they can increase the effective rating of most any sleeping bag. Also if you injure yourself and can't carry the weight of your regular sleeping bag anymore they can save your but.

On a side note, I've done overnighters where I only bring the space blanket and a sleeping bag liner. Main headache is no padding between you and the ground and it is tough to get the venting just right. You can quickly overheat in one on a very cold night.

Interesting. I totally forgot about the space blankets. I had one years ago and was amazed at how well they worked. I'll pick one up.

For me, my tent cot is for fast and easy vehicle camping. Especially at the beach. Otherwise, I'll pitch my tent for longer trips when I want more room or tow my little Casita trailer and live in luxury.

Space blankets are your friend. Always carry one. in a pinch they can increase the effective rating of most any sleeping bag. Also if you injure yourself and can't carry the weight of your regular sleeping bag anymore they can save your but.

On a side note, I've done overnighters where I only bring the space blanket and a sleeping bag liner. Main headache is no padding between you and the ground and it is tough to get the venting just right. You can quickly overheat in one on a very cold night.

I use a space blanket as a ground cloth under my tent. It truly makes a world of difference. I always keep one in my day pack because of the danger of hypothermia here in the Sierra. I have also used them in the southern desert with the shiny side out as a sun shelter. They are very effective in that application as well. They only cost $7 or $8 and are very light, cheap insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom