Just bought a 2015 LX. Has anyone ever seen this carpet protection plastic before? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I just purchased a low mileage (72,000km) 2015 from a used car dealership. It's very clean underneath and it all seems to work great. I'm wondering if this carpet plastic is actually from the factory or if it was installed by a detailer. It's tucked under the sill plates and also under the corner edges of the seat mounts too so they would have had to at least loosen the seats to get it in.

Has anyone seen this before or confirm that it is factory installed? It would be crazy to think that I'm exposing all the carpet for the first time.

Thank you to everyone who contributes to the 570 threads. I've moved t9 thr LX from. A 5th gen 4runner and a 2nd gen Taco before that. I was looking for a land cruiser due to my worry about the perceived complexity of the AHC system but after reading all the great posts about maintenance and diagnostics of thr system, I am confident that I'd be able to tackle any repairs as needed. And when it's working, it's an amazing system!

Looking forward to contributing to the forum. 🙂
20221113_113930.jpg
20221113_113637.jpg

Search for Amor Dillo. That’s what dealers use for these used car floor coverings. Not original from the factory but may well have been installed during a full detail when they had the trim and seats out.

Last edited:
It is for protecting the carpet while the car is for sale. I do not think those are there since tuck was new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom