just acquired a 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Auto tranny? Didn't think any 40's came with an automatic.
2F is a tractor motor, not much HP, but lots of grunt. You keep it well maintained and it will serve you for years. Might need a carb job, lots of people send them to JimC in the states, he's the carb guru. I'm sure BC40 has rebuilt a few as well, heck even I remember rebuilding mine, back when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth.
GG

I stayed 2F and have been lovin it.Good strong engine and simple.Steve Tutu got my Carb rebuild from someone he knows and it's sweet.To be honest though after all these years running the 2F(it still runs great)I've have been thinking V8.Only because of the gas milage.The 2F is one thirsty beast!
Automatic?In a 76 FJ40??Never heard nor seen such a thing.Maybe 3 speed manual on the tree.

If you really are loving the 40 series style, buy that BJ74, and swap the 13BT and axles over to the 40. Sweet!

It's definitely automatic... unfortunate, as I would rather manual. Yeah, the 13BT would be sweet!!!:bounce:

I'm guessing the auto was put in after the fact. Curious what flavour of tranny it is. Can't see someone putting a A440 (Toyota) in
GG

I'll check and know by early next week. The truck is still at my friend's place. I'll have a look tomorrow. I don't know why somebody would change the truck if it was originally a manual. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom