June 20: Medano Pass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Medano is open, which is good news. Anyone planning to attend, please pipe in and make yourself heard.

I just returned late last night from eight days off grid so I haven't done much coordination. Not sure if I will make it as I think I may have a PS pump that is dying/dead and may not have time to get it solved.

Thanks,

I will be here tomorrow night. We can catch up and discuss the run.

@patrickk @000doodie000

Who's definitely "going", and who's a "maybe"?

Traditionally, we would meet at the "South" rally point and drive down through Penrose/Florence/Wetmore/Westcliffe to the trailhead (CR 559). Meeting at 8am/830am we'd be on the trailhead before 12pm, run the length and play on the dunes, then run it back east to the start point. Its a long day, usually get home around nightfall (8pm).

I'm thinking about going early--leave Friday night after 6pm, and camping at the trailhead (just inside the NF boundary, about 2 miles from the pavement).

Great! I'm a definitely, with the wife and kid.

We may not take the trail back, might peel off once we get to the sand dunes and fine a place to sleep for the night. Maybe a little Glamping...

-Patrick.

Reactions: SAS
@patrickk @000doodie000

Who's definitely "going", and who's a "maybe"?

Traditionally, we would meet at the "South" rally point and drive down through Penrose/Florence/Wetmore/Westcliffe to the trailhead (CR 559). Meeting at 8am/830am we'd be on the trailhead before 12pm, run the length and play on the dunes, then run it back east to the start point. Its a long day, usually get home around nightfall (8pm).

I'm thinking about going early--leave Friday night after 6pm, and camping at the trailhead (just inside the NF boundary, about 2 miles from the pavement).

I am in.

Is the south meeting point at the Safeway parking lot of Nevada/115?

the Safeway grocery store address is: 1920 South Nevada Avenue

See you there between 8am and 830am (decided not to camp overnight at the trailhead, Lisa said she'd come with me if I do it as a day trip!)

Missed this. Family and I already had plans to hit Bill Moore Lake, Empire Loop, Red Elephant Hill, and Spring Creek.
How did the trip go?

It was pretty good! A nice small group. The weather was good, the trails weren't too bad. We did make a new Range Rover backup about a quarter mile down the trail so we could pass...

1593053920476.png

1593053945112.png

1593053962074.png

1593053974810.png

1593053986390.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom