June 16, Cloverdale Mine CLC Monthly Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
June's scheduled trail ride is Cloverdale Mine, down south of Highway 50 and northwest of Westcliffe, Colorado.

Cloverdale Mine | Trails Offroad

Saturday, June 16, 2018
Meet at South rally point (Safeway store parking lot, S. Nevada Ave., two blocks south of I-25)
0800-0830 hrs meet
0830hrs depart Safeway

Dispersed camping is permitted along the trail, and there is improved campsites (for a fee) near the trailhead at San Isabel Campground. (for those considering camping)

This looks fun, Megan and I are looking to camp Saturday night.

I'm in, but will likely meet the group at the trailhead, or somewhere along the road up from Hillside. I worked at the Lutheran camp there years ago. That summer I hiked this road every week for 10 weeks straight with the first aid kit patching up blisters and treating dehydration/altitude illness for the campers. It will be great to go back an see it again. Shanna and I were married in a meadow just up the hill from the start of the trail.

Reactions: SAS
I am in.

Bringing Vicki and maybe the kids. If we didn't have stuff on Sunday planned I would love to camp there, it looks like a great location. Looking forward to the trip.

See ya at 8:00 at Safeway.

Josh

Been looking forward to this one. If the Lowes delivery trucks definition of first thing in the morning is the same as mine, I should make it.

I know there were quite a few folks taking pictures. I will get mine uploaded to Dropbox or Google and share them here once done. Any chance other folks on the trip would do the same? I had a great time and am interested is seeing more photos.

IMG_2679.JPG
IMG_2683.JPG
I didn't take many pics this trip, here are a couple....

Here is the link to dropbox. Let me know if it works:

Cloverdale Mine18

The ones labeled 360 should work like a VR image if you download it to Google photos. If not I can link my Google + so you can see it. Let me know otherwise enjoy.

Looking forward to some other links/photos from the trip. All of us had a great time, that is a great trail.

Last edited:
No problem seeing them. Looked like fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom