Events/Trails July 2020 Club Run to Pine Grove, Rockland, and Lobdell. (1 Viewer)

Which weekend works for you?

• July 10 & 11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • July 24 & 25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And if someone wants to use the tent that Tony gave me, my office is just off the freeway in the north end of Carson so I can meet you and hand over. It a small 4 person Coleman tent.

Thanks for posting these episodes. Interesting but still not convinced.

Hey Tony I have talked with all the others that I think would meet up at 4:00 at the Maverick and the consensus is that we will meet at 5:00. The reason is maybe you could make it and still be our guide(I don't want to get lost). And the sun will be going down and the heat will not be as much of factor by the time we get there. Anyway that's the plan since you aren't able to be there at 4:00.

Is there someone else besides McOrange and Krusty that we should contact?

What a great trip! Only two rigs, @Mc Orange Crush in his FJ Cruiser and Kelly and me in the Beater Bronco went for all three days. Mark and his wife joined us for camping in Pine Grove and crossing Pine Grove Hills to Rockland Ghost Town/Mining Camp. Both nights were great, but it would have been even cooler with more of the club in attendance.

53 miles of offroad backcountry trails over three days crossing over into California on the third day. We visited two ghost towns... REAL ones (no gift shops!) on this trip and we peaked at 9,900 feet and road that ridgeline for nearly two miles.

We did some ghost hunting @gregnash , but none could be found... felt... seen? 🤷‍♂️

I hope to get back out to this area and hit Mount Patterson Peak (11,400+) and then Wheeler Peak (11,400+).

Nicely done boys!! So how were the temps? Maybe a late fall trip again when things are cooler? I know yesterday when I rode my mtb in Carson it was hot as hades out there. Pretty sure I sweat off about 10lbs.

It was super nice almost all day. We were above 6,000 almost the entire time so that helped. I would like to do a trip in early-to-mid October to Mt. Patterson and Wheeler Peak. I would drive in from the place we exited this weekend on 395, circle around Lobdell then head up Patterson. Camp up there for two nights, then head out one of three possible exists...

1595266106264.png

It will be cold up there, but I think it would also be a lot of fun and we could actually do a camp fire this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom