Jackery Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After using my Honda eu2000i for a
Number of years while outdoors, I decided for the sake of all around, even though they are extremely quiet at the end of a 100’ 12/2 cord, to go with a Jackery 500. What has changed, for the last 3 years I’m on a cpap.
Using the Jackery recently off grid, with the cpap, it would take the battery down about 18-20% each night. As we moved during the Following day, I plugged into the cigarette lighter up front and set it in the front seat, (just to monitor the charge). In just 2-3 hours it’s charged back to 100% at a rate of 36 watts of input from the factory cigarette lighter.

Since I have a good power point in the rear, And I’m confident using the 12v charging , I’m going to find a place to simply store /charge and use it from the back. When I plug the Jackery into into the rear power point it charges at 44 watts of input. The rear power point has 4ga marine connected up front and a short piece of 10ga from the Blue Sea fuse block in the rear to the power point.

I bought the Jackery 500 for a couple of reasons. It has a 40 Amp hour battery, and a 500w inverter along with other inputs. I could have utilized one of the smaller units, but a going a week off grid, I just wanted to be safe.

I also watched this video. Which IMO gave very good information on what would best suit my needs. I liked that you can use the 12v and 115v outputs while it’s charging.

I don’t have any complaints at this time at all. It was a good purchase. Now that I know real world how it charges,and how it performs, I’m going to probably get a string of usb camp lights and use it more at night for other power needs.

I still carried my generator on this past trip out west just in case because of the unknown. But I think that I may start leaving it at home.

4CD1497E-48DE-4D84-BCDC-9D2F3A8F61BB.jpeg

I was using the 110v plug on the Jackery.
I had the tube heater and humidifier off.

It’s my understanding there is some loss with the sine inverter using the 110v. It would be more efficient to use 12v power supplies for the Cpaps.

I’ll run the Jackery tonight at the house with the tube heater and humidifier on and see how much reserve I have in the am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom