J.I. Case 530 Diesel Tractor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
I traded one of my vehicles for this 1960's JI Case 530 Diesel Tractor. Runs great but needs some TLC.
image.jpg

Anybody have a service manual laying around for one? Maybe ask your dad or grandfather?

Nice 530 mate I will see if I can find a manual that I can copy for you in my area in QLD .

Hi D`Animal ,I went to my Case, David Brown tractor guy and he said the little Cases like your 530 were not imported to Australia and are rare here so me finding you a service manual wont happen from here but I will keep asking case guys anyway .

Cool score and looks to be complete, which is rare, based on what little I know.

Plan to restore?

Anybody have a service manual laying around for one?

Very popular among the local Amish and a few notables are bound to have service manuals, if they're not listed on eBay, already.

Text a peer about, who is wired in with the Amish restorers and a huge enthusiast, himself.

I'll let you know what he turns up.

There's several Amish communities east of the metro area and on any given day, you'll see a parking lot at an manufacturing or industrial site full of those and earlier vintage, that look brand new.

In the meantime:

http://home.microtech.com/mikef/530CK/manuals.php

Maybe ask your dad or grandfather?

God rest his soul, but when he was living, papaw bled green....

Congratulations. Dad had a 730 on the farm and it was a great tractor ... loaded with power for the size and just a solid work horse. I can only assume that your 530 is very similar in design and features.
One feature on the 730 that I loved (due my dad's bad habit of running trucks/cars/tractors out of fuel) was the compression vent. It was manually operated and opened the cylinders so no compression would build as the engine turned over. After he ran out of fuel (or if I was replacing the filters), I would refill the filters and tank with fuel; open the compression vent; turn over the engine to complete the fuel bleeding; close the compression vent. Without compression, the engine turned over very fast and the system bleed quickly without pulling down the batteries.
Enjoy, it looks like you have a good ole girl with this 530.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom