Is there anything special about a 1986 TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am selling an RV. A man wants to trade a 1986 Land Cruiser as part of the deal. There are 1987's and 1988's listed in the Auto Trader for about $5000. I can't find any listings for 1986. The man told me that there is something special about a 1986 and it is worth closer to $10,000. I tried Kelly Blue Book but they do not have prices on trucks that old. The man seems honest enough but I don't want to get ripped off. Is a 1986 REALLY worth more than a 1987 or 1988?

Thanks so much!
Maureen

Not anything special I can think of if it's a US model. There are a few Land Cruiser models that are not available inside the US. Those would be worth more.

This page may help a little as far as model identification, but not so much on pricing. http://www.sor.com/sor/models.tam The vehicle, if it's a US model, would be a 60 or 62 series and would be in the $5000 or under price range and I would think that $5K would be in very good condition.

Good Luck

Thanks so much! I went ahead and told him to sell the truck on his own and then we could do a cash deal. The thing would need a ton of work and I just don't have the time for a project like that right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom