Is the under-hood fuse panel serviceable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am wanting to add a couple of circuits to the fuse panel itself.

One example would be to the fog light relay mod without bending a relay leg and without adding a fuse tap. I'm wanting to do a clean factory-looking mod by running a wire inside/under the fuse panel and install fuse terminals in a spare fuse slot and then reroute a new wire to the relay leg terminal. Is this doable or is the panel sealed shut?
Thanks

You can buy an auxiliary fuse panel (lots of versions on Amazon - see this one with relays) and put it next to the fuse box for something that looks factory. I would suggest against trying to mod the OEM fusebox - I have not opened one before but there is probably a lot that can go wrong.

I know you don't want to do fuse-taps, but IMO they are very simple and reliable devices. I have 4-5 in my rig and they work great.

I appreciate the replies, y'all. Thanks Co_Hunter for the link--I found that very helpful. I'm not totally against fuse-taps at all, just prefer the cleanest electrical installs as possible without being too labor-intensive. I love customizing and tinkering with stuff all the time, including using Arduino and Raspberry pi. I've ordered some LED pod fog lights (Morimoto 2bangers) and plan on installing them soon in the factory locations. I'll post some progress after I get them. I just need to find the right sub-forum to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom