Is Richland Road still open? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went up to Richland road a couple years ago in my old truck, but it was too big to do the trail, now that I have the 80 I'd love to try it again when I'm in blowing rock a couple weeks from now. I saw somewhere that it's closed but I wanted to make sure. Anyone here know?

I did it last year in my 80, and it was still open. It is kind of a sensitive topic for the locals. They like to keep to themselves and Richlands road runs straight through their land on both sides of the "trail/road". The locals will tell you its private property but it is still in fact a public state road. The issues arise with people tearing up the trail and private property on each side and littering. Make sure if you go, go with a friend and know absolutely for sure what is Richland Road and what is private property as it can lead to trouble if you get mixed up along the trail. Hope that helps.

Also make sure your truck has the clearance for the big ledge at the beginning/end of the trail. The rest a stock 80 can do fine. Mine was stock when I did it, but the ledge was super sketchy regarding potential damage even with 2 experienced spotters.

Is hurricane creek trail near Richland road? Never been to either and would like to hit both sometime.

This was in 100 video section.

The MUD 100 series Videos thread

Google is your friend.
About 2 hrs apart.

Debating a richland or fsr192 run about 11 today. Call/pm if you are game.

Google is your friend.
About 2 hrs apart.

Debating a richland or fsr192 run about 11 today. Call/pm
would love to do Richland in the snow.

Reactions: AJR
I thought it is closed to plublic, Richland Rd. Tire chains may go a long way on the snow if you don't have a winch. I got some last year before heading out to a heavy snow situation, and they do make a big difference. I have mud terrains, so not great in the ice either.

Chains are a huge game changer. But then v belt style or regular?

There was a stock f150 with rear chains only yesterday having very little trouble making progress. Even dragging a bunch of stuck modded raptors out. Btw 4/4 raptors stuck.

Lots of Rain in lenoir. Im going for adako rd, brown mtn beach rd, hwy 90 instead to play it safe.

I have used both types of chains. V chains/cables are what I have used recently to get out of a muddy sticky mess. Warm weather (40's) and rain for a week straight did not go well for AT tires when the sod broke free. SNow was on the ground but not as much of a factor as the mud. Chained up and walked right out of the bowl. vulcantire.com is where I got the S rated cables for Georgine.

Google is your friend.
About 2 hrs apart.

Debating a richland or fsr192 run about 11 today. Call/pm if you are game.
Wish I saw earlier, I had the day off.

Also make sure your truck has the clearance for the big ledge at the beginning/end of the trail. The rest a stock 80 can do fine. Mine was stock when I did it, but the ledge was super sketchy regarding potential damage even with 2 experienced spotters.

I'm lifted with 35s so clearance shouldn't be an issue on that spot. That's where I got my truck last time and had to turn around.

Is hurricane creek trail near Richland road? Never been to either and would like to hit both sometime.

This was in 100 video section.

The MUD 100 series Videos thread

I'm pretty sure they're close to each other. When I'm up there I'll put up a thread and would love to have people join me

Chains are a huge game changer. But then v belt style or regular?

There was a stock f150 with rear chains only yesterday having very little trouble making progress. Even dragging a bunch of stuck modded raptors out. Btw 4/4 raptors stuck.

Lots of Rain in lenoir. Im going for adako rd, brown mtn beach rd, hwy 90 instead to play it safe.

J - that is impossible. I have seen the ford raptor commercials and they are soooo cool And unstoppable. baahaa.

Last edited:
AEFF4DCC-A339-4D03-8D4C-CA2031DB6858.jpeg

That humbling moment while a stock chevy pulls out your modded ford while a land cruiser waits to pass

I bet mama bear was pissed.

Lol. You dont even know. Poor guy. But poor decision. That was an awful young kiddo to be underprepared with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom