Is MAF really gone ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, they are re doing their website and the facility got a huge face lift so I'm sure they're just getting ready for the grand opening that's set in January.

I hope so. One of their long-time vendors has posted otherwise.

That's interesting, I doubt it, I was having a conversation with Al, one of MAF mechanics and from what I understand MAF is just expanding, they spent an insane amount of money reconstructing their whole business model so hopefully it's nothing bad, plus they have a killer power pack for the 60 model that I'm planning to get from them next month

Hope you're right. btw, that "power pack" is not smog legal, if that's an issue for you...:D

I know:( I'm just getting tired of feeding the squirrels and from what I understand that pack gives it an extra 30-40% power, it's the hill on kanan rd off the 101 that kills me! Any better suggestions other than a V8?

It's a Land Cruiser... If you wanna go where most vehicles can't, and get back, be prepared to get there slowly. Particularly if you've got 4:11s. I've learned to resist giving the middle-finger salute to the sweet folks that tailgate, then swing around and cut you off, for spite. I just mutter things about their mothers and wave. V8 may get you up the hill faster, but it introduces other problems.

That's exactly why I don't go with a V8, which reminds me, I just installed 33's on my 60 and I've been told I have to re-do my gearing, is that so? I'm running stock gearing now. Any suggestions?

The stock 3.73s will be fine, hwy, but you'll loose a little up hill. Drive it around a bit and see how she feels to you. If you notice the need for a re-gear, then maybe think about some 4:11s. If you use your truck for a DD, then stock gearing is prolly better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom