Is FLCA Still Alive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a board, dues, anything of a club - much left remnants of the NFC un-club, or Fatt Shack?

Been gone for a while, and not really ever going to be involved as I used to be, but curious to know before I go and pay Georgia Cruisers dues :flipoff2:.

I have not heard of FLCA dues for a long time. The number of new 40s & 60s I see amazes me. There are plenty of trucks not enough drivers with time to organize a group. Tampa seems to have twice the cruisers and FJCs than central Florida.

Not really a dues paying club with an elected board anymore. The annual Turkey Trot still happens and people come out of the woodwork sometimes. People tend to hide when wheeling outings are proposed, but come out in force for social gatherings and meet & greets.

Luis has been talking lately about having a social gathering and putting the club back together.

NFC - Most everyone disappeared into thin air.

Fattshack - Moved to Facebook. Not really quite like the old Fattshack , but there is a very active Florida wheeling group there with a mix of hard core Jeeps, buggies and a few Toyotas. Greg, Josh & Dennis are still wheeling Toyotas in style.

The Georgia Cruisers are cool as hell and the closest thing to the old NFC or Fattshack groups.

Steve, you're spot on - and Luis would be the best candidate to make things happen. Just figured there had to be more new blood than just Matt and Morgan....

I'm not going to be able to wheel often enough to keep up with Greg and Josh until Evan's a little older, but am in for both GSMTR and Moab trips next year. Hoping you got the driveline issues sorted in short order - I'm still struggling to find time to do post trip maintenance on my junk.

Would just be nice to see a little more inspirational banter or jive talk like the days of old.

I'd definitely be down to chill or wheel! I'm living in Tampa with my LX450 (oh yeah, my wife and kids too) and have my 40 in Gainesville. Just moved back here recently, so we were getting settled for a little while.

On a side note, I am in need of some space some morning or afternoon to change the oil in my LX. If anyone has some space closer to Tampa than Gainesville, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I'm one of the brand new guys to cruising. the 40 is purchased and on the way to Orlando in the next 30 days after paint and trimmings.

Would love to meet up and be shown the ropes!

I'm one of the brand new guys to cruising. the 40 is purchased and on the way to Orlando in the next 30 days after paint and trimmings.

What did you get? Did you see it before paint? Just curious - lot of unscrupulous sellers these days.

Either way, you need to meet Luis and Matt, they're both in the Orlando area, good folks. There's also Morgan up in Eustice who seems to organize monthly rides.

Oh man I've got to get onto the list for monthly rides too! What's Morgan's MUD name?

Fixedit. You are more than welcome to change your oil at my place. I'm in St Pete. Might not be that close to you, but can be quick to get to on a weekend when there's no traffic.

I don't know Morgan's mud name - but think his business or Facebook webpage is Fuel Infected Inc. or something similar. I'll have to look it up.

Fixedit. You are more than welcome to change your oil at my place. I'm in St Pete. Might not be that close to you, but can be quick to get to on a weekend when there's no traffic.

Thanks man, that would be perfect! This weekend is nuts but I'll reach out on a week or two if that's cool.

What did you get? Did you see it before paint? Just curious - lot of unscrupulous sellers these days.

Either way, you need to meet Luis and Matt, they're both in the Orlando area, good folks. There's also Morgan up in Eustice who seems to organize monthly rides.

Thanks Sputnik - yes, I've gathered! I did quite a lot of research before pulling the trigger. I purchased a '79 US version, 2 owner truck from Vintage Offroad in Flagstaff. I feel pretty good about it.

It's getting prepped for paint now. Photos attached. Didn't have a hard top - so one is going on and will be painted to match. Shown in the picture dryfitted. Getting fresh paint, hooks and latches, undercoat, and raptorliner inside.

A/C is getting converted and an overall tune up. Truck has 69k original miles. Came from a ranch in Texas.

Looking forward to meeting ups Luis, Matt and Morgan! Thanks!!

David

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

My first FJ40 was a 79 with hardtop and ac, same mustard yellow. All original with emissions intact - partially restored, but still had some issues with the tub and the inner frame rails were shot. Sold it and bought another within 4 weeks, selling that 79 was a mistake. That one looks decent, looks to be some filler and minor rust bubbles - but hopefully you have them fix it right. Either way, nice looking 40 - enjoy.

Thanks man, that would be perfect! This weekend is nuts but I'll reach out on a week or two if that's cool.
Sure, any time

If I can ask, what does an unrestored 40 like that go for nowadays?

From the homework I did (and I'm no expert) it varies greatly. I paid a bit more for mine to get an original late US model (highway gearing, disc brakes, power steering, a/c). it should be a good collector when restored as I understand there were only a couple thousand US models imported in that year.

For a 79-83 US model, Low 20s before restoration. Sure you can find some deals.

Here's the outfit where I found mine. He has all the asking prices of his sold ones listed.

FJ, FJ40, FJ45 & FJ55 Toyota Land Cruisers Call 24/7 (313) 414-3540

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom