Is anybody still interested in a center console? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I was up visiting Dave and Patrick a month or so ago I took a good look at this console in Dave's 80 It is very functional and can store A LOT of gear. Looking forward to the production model.

Thanks Morgan!

Couple of questions:

1. Will this be offered in black only or is a color matched version for the tan interior available?

2. Pad on top?

I love the look but would love it even more if it integrated into the stock look of the interior.

Good questions!

1. Our "BK08" finish is what we offer as standard, this will be the first product that is right in direct line of sight and constant contact with the driver though, so offering color matching (or at least complementing colors) is probably a good idea. Will add a tiny bit of cost since we'll have to keep track of a bunch more parts and sit on more inventory, but I can't see it playing a sizable role.

2. Yes, a topper of some kind has been discussed many times. It will be a piece of thick leather with small amount of padding. I've been driving around with just the plain steel top for almost a year now and it is remarkably easy on the elbow, so excessive padding has been decided as "not necessary".

Avoiding ding dong burns should always be a design priority.

You think it's NOT??

Following, ditching my lx450 console and considering this as a replacement

Excellent idea!

Must have a pad. Delta VS, what do you think?

Don't worry, it will.

I don't have anything practical to add except, perhaps call this item the "ding dong saver"? ;)

Friday humor, have a good weekend gents.

Would the top pad be similar sized to the stock pad? Any comparability?
I JUST got my console pad redone with my new front seat leather.

Yes I will be purchasing one assuming the leather pad and finish looks nice, which I have no doubts it will coming from you guys.

Would the top pad be similar sized to the stock pad? Any comparability?
I JUST got my console pad redone with my new front seat leather.

I would say very little chance. See below for size difference (PLEASE excuse the disaster/mess, am moving):

When will it be available?

"soon"

Yes I will be purchasing one assuming the leather pad and finish looks nice, which I have no doubts it will coming from you guys.

Thanks!

I like it alot! Very cool product. My only concern is, does it still work as an armrest? It looks really tall and would be uncomfortable to try to rest your arm on it while driving.

Funny, my LS430 has the same problem. I feel like the center arm rest is MUCH taller than any other car I've been in. You have to have the seat set to almost its highest position for the arm rest to feel natural and allow to rest your hand on it.

I like it alot! Very cool product. My only concern is, does it still work as an armrest? It looks really tall and would be uncomfortable to try to rest your arm on it while driving.

Funny, my LS430 has the same problem. I feel like the center arm rest is MUCH taller than any other car I've been in. You have to have the seat set to almost its highest position for the arm rest to feel natural and allow to rest your hand on it.

It works great as an armrest, it's at a height that actually works for that. Every single 80 owner who has sat in my rig has immediately commented something along the lines of "oh wow, a useful console" and all the non-80 owners no longer complain about "why doesn't this thing have a center console". If you have an incredibly long humerus or something (knuckle dragger style), it might not work for you I guess, but every single person I've put in the driver and passenger seat of my rig has appreciated the height. Even with no padding.

Did @Delta VS update the price of this unit on their site?

Did @Delta VS update the price of this unit on their site?

Sure did. Since it’s not for sale yet, have to stop people from buying it. It costs money to refund purchases.

can you compare this to a tuffy? I have one now and its pretty good I ask because Im always looking to UPgrade

I still like my padded top.

that thing is going to get stupid hot in the southwest... Imagining the burns it'll cause down here in PHX....
I still like my padded top.
Did you guys even read his replies before you posted?

It will be a piece of thick leather with small amount of padding. I've been driving around with just the plain steel top for almost a year now and it is remarkably easy on the elbow, so excessive padding has been decided as "not necessary".

You think it's NOT??

Last edited:
Did you guys even read this replies before you posted?
Maybe I missed one reply, but no matter. I bought the rear bumper so I won't have money to afford this for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom