Is anybody still interested in a center console? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally getting some time to push this project forward. Shifter console is next. First, incredibly rough, prototype has been cut on plasma and test fit. The ACC plate will be interchangeable, just seeing how much stuff can get stuffed into the space for now (not everybody is going to need the extra gauges for the @NLXTACY turbo kit). Blank (roll you own), all switches, all plugs, some of each, etc...

Starting with the 91-92 because it's larger. Going to make it so everybody gets the same base, and the top is interchangeable to fit the vehicle.

View attachment 1839695
I had one made just like that, excellent setup!

I’ve got power ports in the back seat side of mine and I’m fond of them. Ski boot bag gets plugged in there. I don’t like exposed metal either. I like it to look like it came with the vehicle, but if it came with cup holders I might forgive all of that.

I like it, the only thing I would miss would be the recess on the top to keep things from rolling away.

I like it, the only thing I would miss would be the recess on the top to keep things from rolling away.
My 1994 has that feature. The 97 has a nice padded top and no tray.

I don't see a pad on the top, just hard aluminum. Did I miss it? If it's going to be tall enough to serve as an armrest, it should have a soft top or provision to add one in a size commonly available. I think it looks cool, but I don't want to lean on a safe. That might just be me, I think the Tuffy consoles are similarly unsoft.

I don't see a pad on the top, just hard aluminum. Did I miss it? If it's going to be tall enough to serve as an armrest, it should have a soft top or provision to add one in a size commonly available. I think it looks cool, but I don't want to lean on a safe. That might just be me, I think the Tuffy consoles are similarly unsoft.
I'm with you on that. I like my cushy top.

Awesome concept and love the storage, any option or integration of a lock box??

Might sway me into needing one!

Awesome concept and love the storage, any option or integration of a lock box??

Might sway me into needing one!

The whole thing is a lockbox. It will have Safariland and Serpa QD mount holes laser cut into it, etc, plus plenty of other places to mount things. Construction is 14ga steel (.075") versus the approximately 22ga or whatever the Tuffy type setups are.

When I was up visiting Dave and Patrick a month or so ago I took a good look at this console in Dave's 80 It is very functional and can store A LOT of gear. Looking forward to the production model.

Couple of questions:

1. Will this be offered in black only or is a color matched version for the tan interior available?

2. Pad on top?

I love the look but would love it even more if it integrated into the stock look of the interior.

Leather and foam. My Jaguar has parts covered with just leather that are just as hard as the plastic underneath them. Fortunately they're not surfaces you normally come in contact with.

I want those cheap ones with the gimbals that hang from the HVAC vents. My problem is, I only have five HVAC vents. The worst part was when I had hot coffee in the one on the vent under the steering column- I got rear ended and the hot coffee went all over my ding dong. Not a good day.

If this center console can keep my ding dong from getting burned, I'll buy one, STAT. :flipoff2:
Avoiding ding dong burns should always be a design priority.

Must have a pad. Delta VS, what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom