Is anybody still interested in a center console? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you guys even read his replies before you posted?

The part about the sides being powder coated black? And about a leather skin on the top? Yeah....those aren't going to stop the thing from getting super hot and transferring all it's heat to your arm when you touch it.

They asked for feedback...
We've been working on one for a bit now, incorporating into our Cummins 2.8L FJ80 swap along with a bunch of other parts that you'll be asked for feedback on in the near future.

Maybe I missed one reply, but no matter. I bought the rear bumper so I won't have money to afford this for a while.
how do you like it and why not make a video walk around so evryoe can see it up close and real friendly like.

how do you like it and why not make a video walk around so evryoe can see it up close and real friendly like.
I don’t have it yet. Delta had a news letter. You got on the list and waited. Then you got a chance to buy before it hit the web site. I’ve paid the down payment and I’m waiting again.

Finally getting some time to push this project forward. Shifter console is next. First, incredibly rough, prototype has been cut on plasma and test fit. The ACC plate will be interchangeable, just seeing how much stuff can get stuffed into the space for now (not everybody is going to need the extra gauges for the @NLXTACY turbo kit). Blank (roll you own), all switches, all plugs, some of each, etc...

Starting with the 91-92 because it's larger. Going to make it so everybody gets the same base, and the top is interchangeable to fit the vehicle.

View attachment 1839695

Awesome! Great opportunity for the 6BT/NV4500 swap too!

can you compare this to a tuffy? I have one now and its pretty good I ask because Im always looking to UPgrade

Have only had "hands-on" with one Tuffy product (installed in our CPA's Heep), professional opinion of that product: garbage. Could easily put a screwdriver through the side of it the sheet metal was so thin, it was attached with equally thin sheet metal brackets, putting any weight on it made it squeal like a pig, was not stable at all, did not "just bolt in", the list goes on.

These are all things we are addressing with this console.

Have only had "hands-on" with one Tuffy product (installed in our CPA's Heep), professional opinion of that product: garbage. Could easily put a screwdriver through the side of it the sheet metal was so thin, it was attached with equally thin sheet metal brackets, putting any weight on it made it squeal like a pig, was not stable at all, did not "just bolt in", the list goes on.

These are all things we are addressing with this console.
Sounds like a Smittybuilt console. That or Tuffy has went WAY downhill.

I'm 99% sure it was a Tuffy, I will see if I can get a model number.
With the Tuffy you can either put the cup holders on the front or back. The problem with on the front is you can no longer fold and tumble the rear seat and the armrest pad is 3" too far back - no go for me. And with cupholders on the back you have to notch and re-weld the console front to clear the floor brace - plus make a custom mount to shim the back up 2" off the floor. Then bend a custom filler piece to blend with the shifter console. All the powder coat gets trashed in the process. It's a PITA! A days work if you have a welder and brake. Then powder.

It worked well for us accommodating a Mackbook Pro, Sony NEX-7 and Ipad. Typical lock it or loose it things. No strength issues when I was done. Would I do it again? Hell's NO! What a waste of time and $, considering Tuffy has been approached numerous times by Mud members to build an 80 Series specific console. Requiring a change of 3 bends and 2 spot welds.

Support @Delta VS for stepping up.

Last edited:
@Delta VS do you have any prototype pictures or renderings of what your upcoming Shifter console upgrade will look like?

Post 60 (don't know how to link) has a basic rendering. Prototype pics will be available soon enough, so that's it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom