Introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been following this forum for years and thought it was about time I shared my journey with my beast.I am the owner of a 1974 FJ40 named Frog.I have owned it since 1987 and purchased it from my father.He purchased it in 1980 and before that it had 2 previous owners.
Frog 1.jpeg
This picture was taken in 1988.It was my first car when I got my drivers Licence and I used it as a daily driver for about 13 years.It got a respray and tidy up after about 10 years and continued to use it up until 2000.It was mothballed for about 20 years and about 4 years ago I started a full ground up restoration.I have a lot of progress pictures I will start a post in the build section.

Thanks for the welcome.The first rebuild i did the body was not removed and just got repainted with minor repairs.Rust was minor but I did expect a lot more at the time because I did a lot of beach driving and also went to Frazier Island in August 89.
Frog Frazer 1989.jpeg
Here she is on the beach at Frazer.
Frog 2.jpeg

This is the end result of the respray.I also fitted a tiger top and full doors for winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom