Introduce yourself! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet! Did you do the build on it?

I was lucky enough to find and purchase this this rig “as is” with all the accessories. Seller was pretty motivated.

Greetings - My name is Craig Stauber from AR and I'm planning to join a group of 100 series owners for a trip to the great state of Utah in February for a week of off-roading adventures. This will be my first trip. I very fortunate to be going with a group of people with UT off-roading experience. Who knows, maybe members of the trip will be on with me on the trip.

Initial iteniary

February 5th-11th

Saturday Night: Alstrom Point
Sunday: Kanab/Hog Canyon
Monday: Sand Hollow
Tuesday: Historic Honeymoon Trail
Wednesday: Toquerville Falls
Thursday: Valley of Fire NV

Friday: Land Cruiser Museum

Thank you,
Craig

1637582013756.png

Sand Hollow can easily take multiple days....or perhaps combine an East Rim run with the Honeymoon Trail for a fuller day.

Toquerville Falls is also a fairly short run, just don't forget the stop to the radio tower overlook :)

Sand Hollow can easily take multiple days....or perhaps combine an East Rim run with the Honeymoon Trail for a fuller day.

Toquerville Falls is also a fairly short run, just don't forget the stop to the radio tower overlook :)

Thanks for the info Woody! I am so looking forward to the experience.

There is some fun to be had at Sand Hollow 😎

20211119_151346.jpg

Howdy all, been on the forum a while but last I'd checked the only active Utah had been the Wasatch group.

I'm Ross, I live in Cedar City/Enoch area. Been working on getting an LS/NV4500 swap done on my '84 FJ60 for a while now. I had it running for lit bit but I got a new job down here just as I'd started the project and had to kinda slap it together good enough to get it on a trailer. I quickly realized my quick and dirty/cheap methods of doing the swap were not working and I wanted to redo a bunch now that I've got time/money to do it. I'm definitely itching to get out and wheel soon! I'm working and doing an online master's program so time is pretty short at the moment but I'm hoping I can do enough here and there to have it running again in a few months.

I'm pretty handy with a welder, at least enough to get myself in trouble and decently mechanically inclined, so if you need a hand or just wanna hang out let me know!

Some of you in the Red Rock Club may know me but for those who don't....I will be relocating to SW Utah mid 2023 after the new house is done. I will be bringing my 67 FJ40, 2021 Tacoma Off Road, and 2006 Harley Davidson Softail with me. The 67 FJ40 build was in the process of going back together when I packed it all up so it will need to be completed after the relocation is complete and the new cruiser shop/garage is built. If you know anyone local to SE Utah that does quality garage builds (appx 30 x 40 x 10) please let me know. I've been building up and tearing down 40's since 1988 and this 67 will most likely be the last one I build for myself. I'm looking forward to spending less time under the truck and more time experiencing "LIFE ELEVATED" in UT. It looks to be pretty quiet here in the Red Rock Cruiser Clubhouse, hopefully I can do my part to share knowledge and participate in many of the local meet ups. I have been living in WI my whole life (52 years) and moving to UT will be quite a change, but I have no doubt that I'll be asking myself "why the hell I didn't do it decades earlier". My 67 build thread Forsaken 40 (67 FJ40 Build 2020) can be found in my sig line if you're interested in following along.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom