Intro: 4 Runner Fan: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2014 4RUNNER SR5 2WD w/Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus II all season tires. All stock- always looking for advice on roof racks, cold air intake, military trailer types, over landing, interior organizers and sleeping accessories, load configuration. Would like to customize for over landing, road trips and light camping, hunting and fishing.
KY/AL/TN

Honest advice here.... Sell it before you start modding and use the money to buy a 4wd 4runner. In a 2wd you may as well be driving a car as far as overlanding is concerned.

You should never have to worry about the condition of trails/roads/weather based on being 2wd if you are going to overland.

If you don't plan to ever go on unpaved roads or see snow/ice, then 2wd is fine, but I personally have always struggled to see the purpose of a 2wd SUV given that most other categories of vehicles can do the road (where 2wd belongs) aspect much more comfortably, quickly and efficiently.

Sorry

Honest advice here.... Sell it before you start modding and use the money to buy a 4wd 4runner. In a 2wd you may as well be driving a car as far as overlanding is concerned.

You should never have to worry about the condition of trails/roads/weather based on being 2wd if you are going to overland.

If you don't plan to ever go on unpaved roads or see snow/ice, then 2wd is fine, but I personally have always struggled to see the purpose of a 2wd SUV given that most other categories of vehicles can do the road (where 2wd belongs) aspect much more comfortably, quickly and efficiently.

Sorry
No worries, I am also looking at a Tundra 4wd down the road, and will likely emphasize my overlanding efforts there. I appreciate your open honesty!

No worries, I am also looking at a Tundra 4wd down the road, and will likely emphasize my overlanding efforts there. I appreciate your open honesty!
Not a problem man, just talking from experience.

Tundra is a BIG BOI compared to the 4runner. Really a matter of personal preference. Over here in Jamaica a tundra won't fit on most of the 4wd trails, but Hiluxes and Surf's have no problems. In the US you have space for a big machine like the tundra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom