Intermittent Brake light in dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As per my earlier post, brake pad wear is often picked up by the level sensor, I would have checked the pad wear (front and rear) before adding fluid. If the pads are low and you need to replace then the fluid will rise in the reservoir and be all over your paintwork, unless precautions are taken of course.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
As per my earlier post, brake pad wear is often picked up by the level sensor, I would have checked the pad wear (front and rear) before adding fluid. If the pads are low and you need to replace then the fluid will rise in the reservoir and be all over your paintwork, unless precautions are taken of course.

Regards

Dave
Thanks! I’ve got a long maintenance list to tackle come spring, probably new calipers, pads, rotors to come. Will be mindful of too much fluid

Thanks! I’ve got a long maintenance list to tackle come spring, probably new calipers, pads, rotors to come. Will be mindful of too much fluid
Mine just started doing this. Did the fluid level fix it?

Mine just started doing this. Did the fluid level fix it?
Im hesitant to say that it did, but after adding fluid I didn’t experience the intermittent brake light. Keep in mind this only occurred on very cold mornings and only a few times a month despite driving it everyday. Not long after this initial thread I parked the truck for a month, while parked I did find a leaking brake line.

Mine was a leaking caliper seal, finally noticed fluid dripping down the caliper onto the tire but was having to top it off every month or so for the past year. Rebuilt them last week, something to check for if they are original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom