Interesting thread rebuilding lubricant - Spin-Off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw this stuff called Spin-Off at an offshore oil trade show last year and it was impressive and might be of use to those of use working on older rigs with occasional rusted frozen nuts and bolts... Much like the video on their website, I watched the guy in the booth mangle the threads on several bolts with vice grips and a hammer, then successfully get the nuts off and back on without thread galling. The nut was smoking hot when he got it off... Admittedly he was working with new, non-corroded hardware; also not sure whether it was generic galvanized or stainless hardware. No idea either whether they might also have been using a much harder nut alloy than the bolt which might have improved their test / demonstration results... Looks to be about $20 at Amazon, but has few and mixed reviews there, I think from people just using it as a generic lube as opposed to penetrating oil for thread restoration...

Interesting.... I just bought two bottles of PB as I need to do some work on the 44 after I get the transmission back. This might be a good time to test PB versus another prorduct like this. $20 is a little high when I got the two PBs for 5 bucks...

"Chemically rebuilds threads on a molecular level"?! I thought STARK Industries had that patent! I'm a huge fan of our own San Diego born and bred WD40 Corp. but always interested in the new tech.

Are you on oil rigs? My dad was out there all the time as an engineer for GE keeping platforms up and running. Went out to one with him once. And once was enough. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom