Intake temps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can some of you with the stock intake and no snorkel and that have an ultr gauge or scan gauge tell me if you get cooler reading at soeed then putting around or at idle? I definetly get lower temps at high speed then alow moving and idle

Before I snorkeled, my ScanGaugeII would read Air Temps similar unless I was sitting in traffic or crawling really slowly on trails in warm weather. Once the engine is up to temp and the whole engine bay warms up, there is minimal advantage at speed. The rubber intake hoses hold heat - my theory anyway. At idle (red lights) it warms up a bit more.

Since the snorkel, air temps have dropped pretty good.

My temps are substantially lower with the snorkel, especially while wheeling / traffic / stop and go.

In the heat of the summer they stay only a reasonable amount above ambient with the snorkel. The heat in the wheel wells or off of hot pavement is insane.... that is why the temps are so much higher when you are crawling or just sitting with stock intake.

I believe there is a small performance benefit to having a snorkel fitted, not just cooler intake air but a forward facing ram air head, just cup your hand and hold it out the window at just 60kph you can feel it catching air, the snorkel may not be as effective as adding boost but the ram air heads definetly help keep some positive pressure in the intake

Something else to add to this, if ram air heads didnt have any effect on performance then an lpg vehicle would run fine after installing a snorkel, they instead need a balance pipe and re tune to stop the extra air from causing the mixture to lean out.

Proof, my partner v6 90 series ran fine on lpg until fitting the snorkel recently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom