Install Yaesu 7800r, diamond k400c and comet sbb-1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bpenn1980

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone want to come observe or help on the install this weekend?

I'll probably get started tomorrow so I have an extra day to work on it if I encounter problems. Since electronics arent my forte, I expect setbacks.

Congrats Brad - mighty fine choices!

Do you plan on running the 200k Celebration Night Run with Socalfj this Sat night?

Saturday AM, I'll be doing a brake job and installing new batteries in the rig. It's a easy install. I installed my 2800m, ram-mount and SG2500HD in about 1 hour. Just like wiring up a CB, no big deal.

I can try and ping you on our night run or you can come and we can play with real radios on the mtn run:)

I wont have 2m for this trip - returned the HT Vx3r (still in the box) awhile back - bought it prior to the March 22 rattlesnake run and havent gotten a replacement. Itll be plain CB. :hillbilly:

Sorry for the brief hijack: Wait a minute... so that means you're going Alan? :crossing fingers:

Hahaha - cant wait to sip that hot coco in 90+ degree weather!
Its looking good - I dont think the walk is going to last all day. :grinpimp:

Brad,

I did mine something like this (except I did not wire it through the ignition circuit so it's hot all the time - that's what the switch is for):

circuit.jpg

I used one of those west marine fuse blocks with the + and - all in one and put it under my center console. You want to put the inline fuse as close to the battery as possible.

If you get it hooked up, give me a call. I should be monitoring palomar mtn on 2m tomorrow (147.03mhz +103.5).

Say "K6EPS this is KI6PPQ"

Good luck!

Last edited:
Brad, what time? I have some stuff in the morning, but free in the afternoon to lend a hand. I have the same HAM, and it is a super easy install.

Brad,

If you get it hooked up, give me a call. I should be monitoring palomar mtn on 2m tomorrow (147.03mhz +103.5).

Say "K6EPS this is KI6PPQ"

Good luck!

I gave you a few shout outs, but didnt hear you? I was set the cstss or whatever its called to 103.5 and was on freq 147.03. Bunch of guys on there speaking spanish.

Muahahaha! :D

Talked with some guy in Santa Barbara, a guy on a Princess cruiser ship off catalina island and another guy in Glendale....pretty damn cool:clap:

Also hit two repeaters in Big Bear on 5 watts to talk with my parents...pretty damn cool indeed

Last edited:
I gave you a few shout outs, but didnt hear you? I was set the cstss or whatever its called to 103.5 and was on freq 147.03. Bunch of guys on there speaking spanish.

For some reason it was a very poor signal even though I was physically close to the repeater. Pretty much static all day for me.

Sorry about that. Glad you got oit installed.

post up yer pics, i have that exact same setup.

I bought a SWR meter for tuning the ant, and found out it's not a tuneable antenna.

still need to get some of the repeaters programmed into the thing.
Found a sweet websiite with the cable and windows software for 30 bucks.
Look for the 7800 group on yahoo....the guy that runs it is a genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom