Install Rear ARB bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased used front and rear ARB bumpers (bull bars). The front is a piece of cake (just bolt on), while the rear is a bit more complicated. I helped BigSur take them off his new cheapo rig and we noticed that the frame behind the bumper was split in the middle and the ARB welded into the stock frame. This was to allow room for the receiver hitch that is built into the middle of the ARB. Is this standard installation for the rear ARB bumper? I was not expecting to have to get the torch out for the installation. Any suggestions on installation?

I would also appreciate some tips on how to hook up the parking lights on the front ARB. I am not familiar with the wiring harness yet.

Thanks a million!
:cheers:

Ben

Don't know if the wires are the same colors on a 60 (done on an 80) - but this is a cool way to get a dual action parking/blinker setup on the ARB.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=5547;start=0

...and a summary if you're lazy...

If I remember right ... it was replace the #1156 bulb w/ a #67 (so it won't melt reflector), blue bumper wire to green on corner light, brown bumper wire to green wire on blinker light.

Tucker

for the ARB turn signals. Just pop the turn signal light out, and hook up the ARB lights in bumper to the 2 wires that go to the turn signal, use Scotch Locks to tap into the OEM wires.

I also just purchased and installed an ARB front bumber, what are you using for the turn signals? Are these a standard light and housing???

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom