Install of Slee Offroads IBS Dual Batery System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't over think it. I ran the positive wire across the top of the core support. If your really paranoid, put a 200 amp breaker at each end.

Reality is that if you collide with something significant enough to compromise the wire and short to ground, you've probably got bigger things to worry about at that point.

I really like the IBS system. This year I'd like to add a solar panel as it is designed to work with one and charge your primary from it once the secondary is full.

What does the left "hook rod hook" of the black angle battery hold down attach to? The right one has a notch in the body to hook into. The Left appears to hook into the sidewall of the battery enclosure but that does not look very sturdy. Any help? 1997 Land Cruiser. Thanks guys!

What does the left "hook rod hook" of the black angle battery hold down attach to? The right one has a notch in the body to hook into. The Left appears to hook into the sidewall of the battery enclosure but that does not look very sturdy. Any help? 1997 Land Cruiser. Thanks guys!
That is where mine is located at, in the fiberglass battery box, it is pretty strong.

Hi,

I just bought the slee washer relocation kit and the ibs dual battery system. I am planning the installation and see it broken down into four steps:
1) washer relocation
2) purchase new battery and install associated cables
3) install IBS cables and run associated wires into vehicle cabin
4) run power for minimum 1 x USB connection into vehicle cabin

It looks as though you go through a rubber piece on the firewall. Is it just a matter of poking a hole? How do you seal up the area?

Thanks

I just cut a small slit in one of the grommets and route through. IBS CONTROL, VHF radio all route through there on mine. Easier to go through US driver side if you have US passenger airbags.

If you don't have one, you might want to order a terminal crimper (more like a press) and good heat shrink tubing.

I can't remember what came in the kit off the top of my head. I ran 4g to the DS rear as part of the project for fridge, etc., so I had extra cable, terminals, wire sheathing for the project. I also got some good wire cutters capable of handling the bigger stuff. WireCare.com is a good place for the shrink and sheath.

Didn't realize there were that many comments on here as to when I created this I forgot to watch it. So I have had it for 7 years with no issue. I have two power fuse boxes located inside the truck, a winch, new stereo, amp, and two 12 volt plugs running off of the aux battery. I have had no issues with the system at all and I actually added the accessory to be able to link the battery for self jumping the vehicle. No regrets at all.

Your older thread was VERY helpful as I went to install my Slee IBS dual battery set up. Thanks for the original post!

I second that - my IBS arrived today and this set up goes in on Saturday. Thanks for the photos because this answered all of the questions I was asking.

Now to buy 20’ of 1/4 split loom ...

Just ordered this kit from Slee. I will be using your post to assist with the install. I was hesitating with the high price, but eventually I pulled the trigger after seeing you follow up with how well it's held up. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom