Inland Empire Cruisers official Check-In! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello guys,
Miles
91 FJ80
All stock and original
Planning to make it a little family comfortable rig with the means to do a little over landing and camping.
This isn’t my first endeavor into car modifications and upgrades, but this is my first time working with a 4x4. So any tips and help would be much appreciated.

Also, any recommended shops that specialize in land cruisers and 4x4s in the IE? Or maybe any fellow members who do work out of their garage?

Hello guys,
Miles
91 FJ80
All stock and original
Planning to make it a little family comfortable rig with the means to do a little over landing and camping.
This isn’t my first endeavor into car modifications and upgrades, but this is my first time working with a 4x4. So any tips and help would be much appreciated.

Also, any recommended shops that specialize in land cruisers and 4x4s in the IE? Or maybe any fellow members who do work out of their garage?
Welcome! Where are you located and what are you looking to do with the rig?

Located in ROSENA ranch. Up the 15 past Fontana .
Need to get the seals replaced on my axles. Gear oil leaking from knuckles
If you are up to it, that's a fairly simple thing to do. Take you the better part of a day, but very simple. I ordered my front axle kit from Slee. He has a good kit, just remember to buy 2 sets of bearings

If you are up to it, that's a fairly simple thing to do. Take you the better part of a day, but very simple. I ordered my front axle kit from Slee. He has a good kit, just remember to buy 2 sets of bearings
Great thanks for the info. I’ve looked into it but just no time or garage space at the moment

Located in ROSENA ranch. Up the 15 past Fontana .
Need to get the seals replaced on my axles. Gear oil leaking from knuckles
Would have to agree on completing the job yourself, but if not possible, there are a few shops around the Upland/Rancho area. Pretty sure @mikecabs spoke to a couple shops and might be able to give you some info...

1. Justin
2. Moving to Loma Linda in September.
3. 97 fzj80. locked, Lifted, 35s, rcv shafts, armor, dorkle, dual battery, solar, fridge...
4. Expedition is cool, but this 80 belongs in the rocks.
5. I will be attending LLUs masters program for prosthetics this fall. I mountain bike a lot. My family runs the wagon run for Rubithon.
6.Pictures
20180619_144659.jpg

IMG_20180619_102657.jpg

20140167_877859549018999_1341474058676913973_n.jpg

1. Justin
2. Moving to Loma Linda in September.
3. 97 fzj80. locked, Lifted, 35s, rcv shafts, armor, dorkle, dual battery, solar, fridge...
4. Expedition is cool, but this 80 belongs in the rocks.
5. I will be attending LLUs masters program for prosthetics this fall. I mountain bike a lot. My family runs the wagon run for Rubithon.
6.Pictures
View attachment 1736600

View attachment 1736601
View attachment 1736602
Nice! Loma Linda is a good community and great university. I'd like to hit the wagon run possibly next year...:cheers:

I added a new one to the stable. This is now my DD to help keep the 80 fresh and minimize the mileage...
20180629_182235.jpg

Please check in and introduce yourself to the group.

Inland Empire Cruisers was developed due to the large geographical area the IE encompasses. We're not quite LA, OC, or San Diego and there are a lot of members in the IE. Inland Empire Cruisers membership is open to all series of Land Cruisers. The hope is that this forum will encourage locals to meet and greet, organize trail rides, and support one another with the collective knowledge each of us brings. Much of this thread was borrowed from So.Cal 80s. Enough with the blah...blah...you get it. If you reside in the IE, support your local clubhouse!

Now for the official Inland Empire Cruisers salute, :flipoff2:.

1.First name.
2.Location.
3.Year, make (LC or LX), and any modifications you have done.
4.What you like to do with your ride? (i.e. expedition, hard core, family truckster)
5.Anything personal you would like to add? (family, hobbies, work industry)
6.Pictures, pictures, pictures…please post some pictures of your ride and anything else you feel is appropriate to help the other members get a feel for who you are.
Sal
Temecula
1999 Land Cruiser w/ r lockers
Expedition/ just got it and no mods yet, but am replacing timing belt on Monday just to be safe LC has 205k miles. 10/10 truck is a barn find.

Jeff
Angelus Oaks
96 LX450, bone stock and had it for a couple weeks. I've wanted one since the 80 series first came out. Dealer serviced it's entire life in Irvine. A dentist owned it. It's never been in the dirt, ever! I replaced the power steering pump (thanks to those of you who posted the install here), and redid the torn seats. Looks like new on the inside. Cleaned tons and years of oil crude off the under carriage. The PO never fixed the pump, just had the dealer keep topping it off. He thought it had a bad oil leak so I got a killer deal, I think. No oil leaks at all once it got cleaned up under there. Ultimately I will swap a 5.7 into it (who does that around here?) and build it for overlanding. Lift, lockers, bumpers, etc. I've also got a 14 Tundra and I've been building it but it's just too big. I do like the power of the 5.7 though. A lot!. I drive an Outback every day (work vehicle).
I like to overland and wheel up here in the Big Bear area and with my daughter in Utah. I'm an amateur mechanic but know my limitations. I built an 04 4Runner and my daughter in SLC has it now. She wheels it more than I ever did. Once owned a 67 FJ40 but didn't have the means to build it back then. Had a couple other Toyota trucks and 4 Runners as well. That's my 99 Taco I bought new. 300K on it when I sold it. I should have kept it...
LX450 (002).jpg
LX450.jpg

024.JPG

IMG_3606.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom