Inching towards the finish.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

groundeater

...ordinary birdbrain 🤣
SILVER Star
Threads

Just finished adding a 4 1/2 inch lift to my 1967 ‘45 build, which will now allow ample room for a hefty set of “tyres.”

This unconventional build started at what some may consider the “4th quarter” of life. Being retired, this will be my last project.

Still unfinished, yet forging ahead on a “fixed budget” is truly a challenge. So far it’s been 8 years on a creation where I only supplied the ‘45 and left it in the hands of another family member to fabricate and assemble. A much different process than my other 2 FJ-40’s where the “hands on” part were...only my own.

I acquired this truck in 1981. I had seen it in the late 70’s in a 4X4 shop having some work done to it. It was painted full blown camouflage at that time, I hadn’t seen one before but was mesmerized by its heavy build. I was about 24 yrs. old.

Several more years went by before I spotted it again while driving by a carlot (of all places) in Grand Island, NE.
Afraid that someone else would see it and buy it from under me...I drove straight to the bank and got a loan for $2400 and it’s been mine ever since. Though it’s not original through and through, if it’s within reason, a persons own tastes can enhance and improve, hopefully without violating anything, other than ...a few opinions.
There is a place for restoration to original condition, but anymore it’s becoming more difficult to afford it...for the common man, that is.

Wheels/tires, exhaust system, seats & console, powdercoat bumpers, window tint, are what’s yet to be completed...inching towards the finish line ...in life’s 4th quarter !

Last edited:
Thanks, in a sense you’re right ! I always wanted this truck to be in its rightful glory, It has been with me through thick and thin for 38 years. It spent at least 16 years getting all beat to hell under a big poplar tree. A falling branch creasing my hood, then on a trip to the dump, a whitetail lowered his head and literally charged us crumpling the passenger side fender under...all that finally in the rear view mirror now !

💭....rear view mirror, how much do they go for ? ... Anyone have a rear view mirror they want to sell ? :rofl:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom