in need of a cheese strap

Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
7,911
Location
The Sunshine State
Hahaa:D :beer:
duude.jpg
 
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
1,745
Location
St Petersburg, Florida
Haha, Really need some lockers.
Thanks for coming to my rescue!:bounce:
BTW, Uhhh.. Whatsa Cheese strap?
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
7,911
Location
The Sunshine State
A Strap from Velveeta Wag to your stuck rig;)


Haahaa....


Get any work done on that thing???
 
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
1,745
Location
St Petersburg, Florida
No recent improvements to speak of. But next week some sliders and a locker for sure...
How bout your rig, anything new. Making any preperations for GSMTR yet?
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
7,911
Location
The Sunshine State
I have....the following done and or going in...Rad,water pump,fan clutch, smog idler, Alt.,belts, All new vac lines, I just picked up MC calipers 30 mins ago for the rear disc setup.
As for the suspension I have yet to pick up the steel for a new cross member for the shocks and limiting strap but I am getting there. I have to keep switching from one truck to the other cause if I work on the 60 too much the 80 get jealous and vis-versa...Not sleeping and no waves helps move things along.:rolleyes: :D
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
58
lowtideride said:
I have....the following done and or going in...Rad,water pump,fan clutch, smog idler, Alt.,belts, All new vac lines, I just picked up MC calipers 30 mins ago for the rear disc setup.
As for the suspension I have yet to pick up the steel for a new cross member for the shocks and limiting strap but I am getting there. I have to keep switching from one truck to the other cause if I work on the 60 too much the 80 get jealous and vis-versa...Not sleeping and no waves helps move things along.:rolleyes: :D

Sounds like a lot of stuff to do... make sure to take lots of pictures at tellico.

I got my 1.6L in, its nice and fuel injection is great on hills. Also I ended up getting a great deal on a brand new set of LTBs, no locker yet though. Hopefully that will come soon. We should do the shores again sometime.
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
326
Location
Central Florida
Al, if you get a winch you can call the cable 'string cheese' :) I'm bummed that my little red 40 couldn't pull Steve's rig out. Might have had a chance if Steve wasn't in it. :eek: I bought an old honda xr100 and plan on taking it to GSMTR. Will be intersting to see if it'll make it up the rock garden! Would like to make a mount to put it on the 40 but haven't concluded on the best config with all the other junk on there.

:banana:
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
7,911
Location
The Sunshine State
Haha...I would and should get a winch but that will dip into my Toy Box money. I have a fetish for low gears...But I do know its dumb of me to get that instead a winch. Owell...

Dude its been too long we should all get together to wheel somthing...
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
843
Yo Low , , ,

Iffens ya git da lower gears ( and yer lockers) yer gonna NEED a winch . . .
cause ya kin git stuck further in and nastyer than anyone kin hep !

U B by yerself outthere . . .
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
7,911
Location
The Sunshine State
Haha thats the plan. I already know its dumb of me to do it that order but it is easier to save up 400 for a used winch as instead of the 2000 for the toy box.

Maybe i will just hi-lift myself out...

...I'll keep my eye open for a used winch so i dont have to set up my tent next to where ever i get stuck:D ;)
 
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
297
Location
Everywhere in Polk County!
Website
members.cardomain.com
Hi Lift!

The hi lift works...used it in Richloam and Kville...that's my saviour when i'm wheeling by myself...of course, w/o other rigs, i don't go as extreme, but the red bar and handle has man-handled some chains to pull out the 62 more than once. can't beat it! i don't know if i'll ever by a winch either...i plan too, but like Al, love to spend on more fun/usuable options for the cruiser. i know exactly where you're coming from al...but of course, common man says "what's more fun that winch wire and dead batteries???"
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
326
Location
Central Florida
I bought this before my real winch thinking it could be used for a come-along on the trail and a hoist at home. Its rated for 6 tons. Was a little surprised when it arrived, box weighing 94 lbs! :eek: Turns out to be a little large for tossing in the tool box :eek:
I do however believe it could pull ya out of anything...
:beer:
 
Last edited:
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
2,311
Location
MT
The first time I buried my FJ in a hole (no lockers on 31's) it took 2 J**ps and 2 of those chain come-a-longs to get it out. It was slow going but it worked. I tried to get back to the same hole several years later (w/35's lockers and a winch) but they had turned the area into a paintball place.

Anybody doing anything this weekend?

Al- I may have a old Warn style 8403 winch in the garage. Looks like an 8274.
Call or PM if interested.
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
326
Location
Central Florida
Yeah, we got stuck in a lake bed one time in a jeep and a guy pulled us out with a cable come-along. It was scary. I thought that cable was going to snap... think guitar string! Not exactly sure on this weekend. Bike Week might draw me in. Perhaps Ocala too...?
:beer:

TGIF!
 
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
1,745
Location
St Petersburg, Florida
Here's what happened to the handle of a 4,000lb rated Cumalong as the result of attempting to pull out a stuck Land Cruiser.
aaacumlong.jpg
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
326
Location
Central Florida
Damn. Good thing it was the handle that broke and not something else. I can only guess whose might was behind that twisted pretzel... :D
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
7,911
Location
The Sunshine State
ChuckD said:
Damn. Good thing it was the handle that broke and not something else. I can only guess whose might was behind that twisted pretzel... :D


funny i was thinking the same thing:D
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
7,911
Location
The Sunshine State
Bret said:
The first time I buried my FJ in a hole (no lockers on 31's) it took 2 J**ps and 2 of those chain come-a-longs to get it out. It was slow going but it worked. I tried to get back to the same hole several years later (w/35's lockers and a winch) but they had turned the area into a paintball place.

Anybody doing anything this weekend?

Al- I may have a old Warn style 8403 winch in the garage. Looks like an 8274.
Call or PM if interested.



Well the winch problem is solved. Bret was even nice enough to drop it off at my house. Too cool. thanks a million man. I am sure with my gonzo style of driving it will get good use. Turned out to be an 8724...:bounce: I will see ya on the next surf trip south bound brotha...

thanks a million and don't be a stranger if you are up my way...


-Al:beer:
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
326
Location
Central Florida
Sweet! Now no more excuses for not wanting to hit the tough stuff... :rolleyes:
Did the winch come with string-cheese? :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom