importing cruisers for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm probably jumping the gun on this one, but the other night at a christmas party a friend of mine that owns a car dealership spoke to me about landcruiser sales. I told him about the diligent following they have yada yada yada. . . anyways he has some financial backing and is interested in importing diesel cruisers, and other rare cruisers that were never imported into this country. I told him if he got any 80's be sure they have the lockers, and if he was importing any 40's to get the diesel. Now he told me that he thinks it would cost $$$ to get them up to u.s. spec safety wise. Has anyone looked into this? I'm going to start to research this b/c i think it would be pretty awesome to start pulling in some great trucks from other countries. I hope as long as you are not getting trucks from countries that are right hand drivers it shouldn't be too expensive. :cheers:

I deffinatly jumped the gun on this one. There is mucho info in the search. Sorry guys!!!

make sure to check bumper specs, exhaust and other stuff -- i think there's a govt. website on importing vehicles --

e

31Dec2003 (UTC -8)

And I, for my part, can look for HDJ-80's from the Philippines (sample from http://www.autolink.ph ). I'd be willing to trade them for your FZJ-80's.

drexx, what does PMC stands for?

I just got back from Japan over the weekend and bought two LC softback books (lists all the accessories sold for the 70/80/90/100 series, etc.) plus the Jan issue of Landcruiser magazine.

Anyways, there's one company near Tokyo that had an add that said they imported foreign market LC's into Japan, specifically the 78 series w/ 1FZ/1HZ and TD engines in both left/right drive, the 100 series V8 w/ 5 spd manual, and 105 series w/ 1FZ or 1HZ in left/right. It didn't list the source, but priced the 78 series at 4.1 million yen, 105 series at 4.5 million yen, 100 series V8 manual at 5 million yen. I imagine these are the third world versions, as the only source for left hand drive 105's I know of it TGS. I did notice that a couple of reader's rigs featured were FZJ105's imported from Oz. If you import a rig, go diesel...gasoline will give you nightmares meeting EPA/state reg's, while diesel standards in this country are very lax. PS: '96+ rigs require dual front airbags.

BTW, I spent all of my 3 wks in the northern snow country, where many vehicles, even Corollas and Hi-ace mini-vans are full-time 4WD. Folks there run mostly 80's, 70's, or early 90's leaf-sprung prado's w/ TD's. Very few 100's on the road there.

4.1 million yen = $38,500USD? That's a lot of moolah for a used 3rd world spec 78 Jim. Unless I am confused, aren't there lower prices available for japan spec vehicles coming out of Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom