Importing BJ40 from Aus, Questions from E-mail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.ajae.ca
Hey Cruiserheads, I received this e-mail from Ewan today.... Anyone have experience importing BJ40's or older land crusiers?

"Hi Rob,

I moved to Canada in 2016, and left my 1979 BJ40 at home.

I’d like to bring the vehicle to Canada so I can start enjoying the trails here, and am wondering whether you or one of the members might have experience with importing 40’s of that era?

Among other things, I had the engine replaced last year, and need to figure out whether I should bother continuing with the rebuild and engineering in Australia, or just ship it over and continue the work here."

Feel free to post up here; I sent Ewan the Link

:beer:

I have not imported anything in years so can not speak from current experience but importing a BJ40 should be the same as any vehicle coming into Canada. Less then 15 years and it needs to go through the RIV as well as the BC mechanical inspection. Older then 15 years it needs tick the boxes federally for import, then for BC registration it has to have a mechanical inspection.

Even with a vehicle older then 15 years it still must meet certain requirements before it will be admitted. Examples of modifications are in the link.

hth's
gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom