Immobilising a PZJ70 1989 cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,

I am keen to understand what is the best manual way of immobilising a 1989 PZJ70 land cruiser.
I have previously removed the main fuses but the engine was still able to start!!!

Any immobilisers out there that you recommend?

Hi there,

I am keen to understand what is the best manual way of immobilising a 1989 PZJ70 land cruiser.
I have previously removed the main fuses but the engine was still able to start!!!

Any immobilisers out there that you recommend?

Unplug the battery

For theft protection?

Cheers

I am interested in immobilizing my 1993 PZJ75 and it is for theft prevention.
Since there isn't an ignition to interrupt and there isn't an electric fuel pump; what could be used?
I will need to locate the fuel solenoid; interrupting the power to the solenoid sounds promising.
Any thoughts ?

For what it's worth, i had a switch installed (in the engine bay) to turn off the batteries, and another switch inside the vehicle (secret location!) that switches the fuel off. Engine is a 1HZ, and i do not know how it was done, had a mechanic do the installation.

Since there isn't an ignition to interrupt and there isn't an electric fuel pump; what could be used?
I will need to locate the fuel solenoid; interrupting the power to the solenoid sounds promising.
Any thoughts ?
I got a 2H and before I bought it I had the previous owners personal mechanic wire in a fuel interupt switch and it works a treat. I haven’t looked to see how it was done and probably will not be able to figure it out in a long time. Someone that knows hopefully will let you in on the secret :)

Any thoughts ?

So having driven to Panama and back multiple times theft was a concern. Not so much car jacking but either armed robbery or just plan theft. On my first trip I camped all of four months except about two weeks. I always had this thought in the back of my mind, what will I do if some guys try to rob me with guns. Guys with a machete or big stick were not a worry but guys with a gun, big problem.

I say don't do it electrically. Do it mechanically. Put a small ball valve inline on the fuel line. Inside the frame rail where it is easy to reach up there and turn it. I always figured this way, if some guys came to rob me in the middle of the night, I would hand over the keys. The truck will start due to fuel in the line from the ball valve to the IP. It will die pretty quick though. So this either would give me a chance to escape or it would make the robbers think the truck had problems.

Cheap, easy, effective and no wiring.

Cheers

So having driven to Panama and back multiple times theft was a concern. Not so much car jacking but either armed robbery or just plan theft. On my first trip I camped all of four months except about two weeks. I always had this thought in the back of my mind, what will I do if some guys try to rob me with guns. Guys with a machete or big stick were not a worry but guys with a gun, big problem.

I say don't do it electrically. Do it mechanically. Put a small ball valve inline on the fuel line. Inside the frame rail where it is easy to reach up there and turn it. I always figured this way, if some guys came to rob me in the middle of the night, I would hand over the keys. The truck will start due to fuel in the line from the ball valve to the IP. It will die pretty quick though. So this either would give me a chance to escape or it would make the robbers think the truck had problems.

Cheap, easy, effective and no wiring.

Cheers

Need to go over to Home Depot and purchase a small WOG rated ball valve, barbs and some small hose clamps....

Unplug the battery[/QUOTE
Any thoughts ?
Yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom