I'm headed to the STL... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cards 6/1

If you go to the game Sunday stop by row 6. seats 3&4 left field bleachers. - like to meet ya
tom

So do you have any free time while you are here? I can break free just about any day to at least meet up with you while you are in town.

Better yet, you can stop by our local meeting this Thursday at 7:30 pm if you don't have other commitments already.

I made it to FN for a few hours. It was a blast. I'm definitely not used to wheelin' that involves MUD anymore. I did manage to remove one of my mudflaps while I was there as well.

Made it to the Red Birds game tonight. Even though they lost it's always a good time!

Meisha, drop me an email or PM or just call. I'll be around tomorrow (Tuesday), then I'm splitting to hang out with the outlaws in Metropolis until Thursday afternoon/evening. I'd love to make it to the meeting, but not sure if that's possible as my dad will be getting back from Turkey that afternoon. Where's the meeting anyways?

Maybe we can hook up tomorrow or possibly Friday morning. I've got wedding obligations Friday afternoon pretty much through Saturday.

Oh, I could use a little mud help as well. I've developed an obnoxious squeal/rattle since FN. Sounds like something needs some lube and something else is touching (i.e. lube the u-joints and exhaust rattling against sliders or DS), but I could use someone hanging from under the Cruiser, while I drive down the street to pinpoint it...

...any volunteers...:D

P.S. Caught three smallmouth on the Big Piney on Sunday!

I don't have your cell number, but give me a call tomorrow morning. I can probably get your truck on a lift so we can figure out the squeel before you head home. If I can't get the lift on short notice, I guess I'll lay on the creeper and hold on while you drive down the road - only the courteous thing to do for an out-of-town guest :grinpimp:.

I sent you a PM

Oh, I could use a little mud help as well. I've developed an obnoxious squeal/rattle since FN. Sounds like something needs some lube and something else is touching (i.e. lube the u-joints and exhaust rattling against sliders or DS), but I could use someone hanging from under the Cruiser, while I drive down the street to pinpoint it...

quote]

It sounds you make have ripped loose an exhaust hanger.

Lord knows it happens every time I go there. Check the connection at the cat first. Either the exhaust hanger ripped, or the hanger flange came loose from the cat bracket. I re-welded mine after this happened. It's kind of a squeaky, rattle type sound.

WFD,

He definitely needed to remove the hanger behind the rear cat (which he doesn't have anymore b/c he has a custom-built exhaust system with a single straight-thru cat). It must have been rattling some, but wasn't the problem.

Instead, he needed to lube his shaft :D

More specifically, his Slee double-cardigan (sp?) drive-shaft needed lubing. He posted up about it in the 80 tech section - here is the link (scroll down to the last two posts) https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/27704-front-drive-shaft-chirp.html

Nice guy and nice truck - glad I got the chance to meet you!

Last edited:
Here are the few quick pictures I snapped - makes my truck look totally wuss.
Closer Front View.JPG
Front View.JPG
Blurry Rear View.JPG

I like the wheels. What kind are they? Did you check the exhaust hanger on the cat bracket for the squeak/rattle?

Likewise William, it was truly my pleasure!:cheers:

The wheels are Dick Cepek IIRC, powdercoated black chrome.

When we had the truck on the lift, I went ahead and removed the exhaust hanger as it was non-functional and definitely was causing some rattle.

If you see me around the STL, give a beep!

Nick

P.S. William, "Double cardigan"?!?:lol::lol::lol: You've been hanging out with the :princess: too much...:hillbilly:

P.S. William, "Double cardigan"?!?:lol::lol::lol: You've been hanging out with the :princess: too much...:hillbilly:

Man, that is sad. I guess typing too fast and thinking about the wrong stuff gets you 'cardigan' instead of 'cardan'

I wish I could say that the spell checker changed it, but I don't remember seeing a word change at all - so I probably just need to spend more time with my truck and less time with my wife :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom