IH8Plumbing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After having a washer that backs up during its drain cycle, I took one more shot at fixing it. This isnt the first time I have tried to, replaced the pipes and trap from the washer all the way to where it hits a cast iron pipe it shares with the kitchen sink. Added a vent, and snaked out the system. Still backed up.

So we added another vent and tested it, nope. It sounded like it just had an air bubble at a T the water comes to. NOPE! We opened up the pipe at an unused T up towards the sink and the pipe was full of some awful buildup. No telling how many years of crap is in there. So we GENTLY snaked it out, only to crack part of the cast iron pipe that passes through our foundation. GREAT! Its only like an 8ft section of the pipe, but that is the root of our problems.

I patched it so it will work, but now I am looking at doing some plumbing. OH THE JOY :crybaby:

I replaced my dishwasher last year because it wasn't draining or cycling right, turns out it was just pluged where the drain went into the disposal.......cleaned it out and it works fine......

but yeah I am not a pluming fan myself........

Jman said:
JB Weld!!!!!!!!!

I wrapped it with really good quality duct tape, then split one of those little rubber connectors with hose clamps and used that to go over the duct tape. Then I wrapped that with duct tape too and tightened the clamps real good. So far so good.

But I think I will have to climb under there (thank goodness for DEEP crawl spaces) and cut out the section of pipe that is causing the problems and replace with new.

You know, plumbing is easier then working on a vehicle, but for some reason I hate doing it. Ugh!

stinkyfj60 said:
You know, plumbing is easier then working on a vehicle, but for some reason I hate doing it. Ugh!

Maybe, but you don't need a license to work on a vehicle. 4 years in Apprenticeship baby!!! And some jobs, like working in a crawlspace, I hate doing, also. Call a pro, we have families to feed too. :) Luke

I feel for you. I finaly finished replacing almost everything in our old house right before we sold it. :rolleyes: . Then I had problems with the plumbing in the new house. So I would be stuck at the home almost every friday waiting on the contractor to show up and fix stuff. :mad: It took them over six months to straighten everything out. I don't know what I would have done if I worked Fridays and had to take that much time off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom