Ignition timing Question - 1KZ-TE - 3.0L Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just trying to find out of where my injection timing is at after swapping my injector pump from my old blown engine to my new engine. I have the ELMScan Toyota app (paid version) and an earlier ELM327 bluetooth dongle which allows me to read/clear codes, see live engine data and clear the ECU memory etc etc
When viewing the live ignition timing data in this app, it's telling me "8.6 CA" for the ignition timing. What does that mean exactly? I'm guessing CA is crank angle? Is it referring to degrees from TDC? Theirs no other info it provides.

Current symptoms i'm concerned about/troubleshooting are:
  1. New engine feels slightly laggy compared to old engine which had piston and cylinder damage from a broken off glow plug tip.
  2. Vibrations and noisier idle
  3. Intermittant miss when holding revs at about 1000 rpm.
I'll also add this engine exhaust smells much more fumey than the previous engine. Getting a fair amount of blow by. So I suspect maybe the piston rings might be worn. Slightly more smoke than the previous engine, mainly immediately after starting but goes away. Generally starts and runnings well. Engine has new head, injectors, glow plugs, cooling system, high flow turbo, high flow filter and stainless snorkel.

Any ideas what the "8.6 ca" means, that'd be much appreciated! Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom