I need a wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cdaniel

Undocumented Mechanic-I Am Not CDAN
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
zot-art.com
Has anyone around here got a stock or stock style FJ40 wheel they would part with? I need something narrow to put a spare on.

unfortunately i cant part with my set of stockers,, WITH CAPS!!!! but there was a pig at All Models with a stock rim in the spare carrier

Tools R Us said:
I have some old 7" white spokes?

Are those Toyota or the ol' AR wagon wheels?

RHINO said:
unfortunately i cant part with my set of stockers,, WITH CAPS!!!! but there was a pig at All Models with a stock rim in the spare carrier

Is that the Al Models on 16th st. ?

RHINO said:
all models or the other toyota place 2 doors down on 40st/broadway?

I haven't browsed the 40th st yards in quite some time. They're always changing owners, specialty etc. I'll have to check that out.

I may take up Tools on the ol AR's maybe.
I'd have to paint it black though. White spokes just aint my style :D

Tools R Us said:
the ol' AR wagon wheels?

I missed the question mark at the end of your reply. If your wondering what AR is, it's short for American Racing. The standard white spoke 4x4 wheel from 80's

Anyway, if you have a 15 x 7 with the right backspace for FJ40 disc brakes,
What's the price?

hell i got a white wheel down in the tractor garage ill go look at it tomarrow see it it will work. if so u can have it.

mike

I don't know if their American Racing brand, they came off of a '72 FJ40, yours for the asking, can deliver to Sonic Friday.

Tools R Us said:
I don't know if their American Racing brand, they came off of a '72 FJ40, yours for the asking, can deliver to Sonic Friday.

Is this Friday the third one already?
I'll give one a try, not sure if the drum brake wheel will work on the later model.
Of course they could universal aftermarket fit.

not sure if the drum brake wheel will work on the later model.

One way to find out, I will though one in the truck.

Dang it! I got all the way home and realized I never said "thanks" for the wheel.
:doh:

So thanks man! :beer:

I think the Bman should thank you for providing the stool too. :D

No problem, I hope you can get some use from it, better than sitting in my garage. I forgot to checkout your new bumper!

Well, wouldn't you know it, the wheel no fit a disc brake front end.
:frown:
Oh well, I'll return it to it's family next time around.

Further research is pointing me toward a 16" wheel now anyway. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of 35" skinny tires for 15" wheels out there. :confused:

WTF? Do the spokes hit the calipers?

BMAN said:
WTF? Do the spokes hit the calipers?

You are correct sir! Give that man a cookie!

It looke like a 1/4" spacer would do the trick but that's not a solution I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom