I just got the deal of a lifetime (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While I have a telephoto lens, somehow it is not powerful enough to capture an image of the truck 800 miles away.

Maybe your brother is a tad bit closer?

giphy.gif

Call your brother and say we need a picture (of the odometer)

Call your brother and say we need a picture (of the odometer)
So some of you would like me to impose on my brothers time to take the photos, then on my time to post those photos, just to satisfy the curiosity of a few folks whom I have never met, and likely will never meet, rather than waiting a couple of weeks when I can donate my time to proudly show my purchase. There is a word for this: It is "entitled."

I want to see this rig more than you do, but that does not give me the right to make demands of someone else's time, especially my brother.

'Round here we like pics. Most of us have a pig in some form of WIP or driver, or dream vehicle. A lot of us live vicariously through the progress of others. We also like to joke or raz each other. Nobody really wants you to bend over backwards for a bunch of cranks online you think you'll never meet. Post info and pics when you can. Just remember that while some of us have meet only a few times or not even at all but would go to great lengths to help with anything we could.

I know I'm not the only one on here that would drive several hundred miles to help a pig owner in distress.

Cruiser karma.. whether virtual, literal or physical is real.. and definitely alive and well in here with all those that frequent the sty that is ih8mud.

Half way across the state or halfway around the world.. iron pig owners are a special breed of cruiser head.

'Round here we like pics. Most of us have a pig in some form of WIP or driver, or dream vehicle. A lot of us live vicariously through the progress of others. We also like to joke or raz each other. Nobody really wants you to bend over backwards for a bunch of cranks online you think you'll never meet. Post info and pics when you can. Just remember that while some of us have meet only a few times or not even at all but would go to great lengths to help with anything we could.

I know I'm not the only one on here that would drive several hundred miles to help a pig owner in distress.
NAILED IT! Lighten up, you're just getting razzed! Theres enough Bull 🐂💩 going on in the world today! Laughter eases it!!! Try it! 🤣

rather than waiting a couple of weeks when I can donate my time to proudly show my purchase.

This is good advise for carbon14 instead of telling us about some 800 mile wagon that was taken apart a couple times and flown somewhere by helo. In those couple of weeks while waiting maybe you should of read some more of our other threads and start to get a feel of the playing field around here. Then, with more understanding of the group and pictures in hand proudly show that unicorn. Until then I'm not buying it. I'm from Missouri...Show Me. :cheers:

Welcome to the pigpen. Don’t be chapped that you got the spotlight on ya! If you gett high on points for likes, You couldn’t have a better audience to hand feed. Don’t by bite them for wanting moar! Can’t wait to see your gemstone. And you have got encyclopedias of archived threads to absorb in order to avail
Yourself of all the expertise You never knew you were gunna need. Until you are rebuilding speedometers, or reinventing the windshield wiper system (thank god fir 3D printers), you’re just another tourista. ( not meant to be mean 😉)

Wow!!! Things got a bit electrified here. Amazing what a little HOT PORK will do to the loins of the male population. We need a wet T shirt contest to bring things into perspective.:clap:

This is good advise for carbon14 instead of telling us about some 800 mile wagon that was taken apart a couple times and flown somewhere by helo. In those couple of weeks while waiting maybe you should of read some more of our other threads and start to get a feel of the playing field around here. Then, with more understanding of the group and pictures in hand proudly show that unicorn. Until then I'm not buying it. I'm from Missouri...Show Me. :cheers:
Thank you for that reminder. Every online Forum has it's own culture. I am more eager than nearly everyone for more details, I just don't have them to share yet. I'm not holding out, I am just in a dreaded waiting period

While I am waiting on posting details on the pig, may I entertain you all with a different story of a lucky vehicle acquisition.

It was 1980, and I was just out of high school and working at a gas station in an I-10 desert town in western AZ. Four 20-somethings walked up up looking exhausted from the heat. They told me that they had blown a rear tire, and tried to drive it to the next exit and ruined the rear end. Since that was a distinct possibility, I didn't question them. They wanted someone to go tow the vehicle off the freeway, sell it and keep going by hitchhiking. I offered to help since I was getting off work in a few minutes. We go to the vehicle and it was incidentally a 1974 Gran Torino wagon with the 351 Cleveland. I hook up to it and tow it to my house, and they offered to sell it to me for forty dollars. I accepted, and we closed the deal.

I didn't have time to look at the rig that day, but the next day I jacked up the rear-end, and found that the remains of the tire had wrapped around the wheel and pulled the axle out of the rearend. I pulled the axle, drove the bearing back into position with a pipe, put the axle back in, put on a used tire and wheel, and drove the wagon for a year and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom